"How are you doing, Adrien?"

Adrien was staying in Marinette's house until they could find him a home with another family. They would have let him live with them, but they didn't have enough space for him in their small bakery.

"I'm doing alright, Marinette. Thanks," He said.

She sat down on the couch next to him. "I know this must be hard," she said. "But I'm here for you. We all are." She put her hand on Adrien's.

Marinette's mom, Sabina, walked into the room. "Adrien. Marinette," she said. "There's a man here to see you!"

They both looked at each other with confused looks. They both looked at each other and walked into the kitchen, where an old man was sitting. He smiled when he saw them. "Marinette. Adrien."

Sabine smiled. "I'll leave you three to talk."

Marinette watched her leave, then turned to the old man. "What are you doing here, Master Fu?"

"I've come to warn you two," he told them. "There's a new threat. She's planning on releasing akumas here and in a small town called Arcadia in America."

"America? How are we going to help the people in America?" Adrien asked.

"I was going to send one of you over there with one more miraculous that can capture akumas. The other will stay here and have Rena Rouge or Carapace help you defend Paris. One of you just needs to decide which one will go."

"Why not send two different miraculous to Arcadia?" Marinette asked.

"One of you is going to need to go to Arcadia to train the new hero over there."

"But who's going to do it?" Marinette asked, looking at Adrien.

"That's what you'll have to decide." Master Fu took a miraculous box out of his pocket. "This is the wolf miraculous. It will give them the power of the sonic howl. It's like a sonic scream, but a howl."

Marinette took it. Master Fu stood up. "I'm going to go," he said. "Good luck, Ladybug and Chat Noir.'

He walked out of the house, leaving the two heroes looking at the miraculous box. Marinette looked up at Adrien. "Who is going to go?" she asked.

"I will," he said. "Nathalie told me that there's a family in Arcadia wanting to adopt me, anyway. I can go there, find a partner, and fight the akumas over there."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," he smiled.

***

One week later, Adrien was hugging all of his friends goodbye. "Call me when you land, okay?" Marinette told him. "I will, Mari."

"And tell me all about your new family!" Nino told him

"And take pictures!" Alya added with a smile.

Adrien smiled. "I will," he said.

"It's time we get going, Adrien," Nathalie said.

Adrien hugged his friends one last time and climbed into the car. He waved to all of his friends as the vehicle drove away. He stared out the window most of the ride to the airport.

***

Adrien landed in Arcadia and walked off the plane. He opened up his jacket a bit and started whispering to Plagg. "Tell me if you see this woman," he held up a picture of a red-haired woman with glasses. "Got it," Plagg said.

"Excuse me," Adrien turned around and saw a woman standing behind him. "Are you Adrien?"

She held up a picture of him and he nodded. "Yeah," he said. "You're Barbara?"

She smiled and pushed a bit of hair out of her face. "Yeah," she said. She held out her hand and he shook it. They walked to her car and put his suitcases inside the trunk. They got in and Barbara started driving. Adrien started looking out the window again. Barbara noticed this. "You okay, Adrien?" she asked. "Yeah," He said. "I'm perfectly fine."

Barbara put a hand on Adrien's shoulder. "Listen, I know we can't replace your family. We never will. We're just trying to give you a home. You'll love it here." she gave him a small smile.

Adrien smiled a bit. "Thanks, Barbara."

They arrived at their house after a few minutes. They got out of the car and brought in Adrien's suitcases. Adrien looked around the house a bit. "I'll let you settle into your room," Barbara told him. "You and my son will be sharing a room since there aren't enough rooms for you to have your own. I'll check on you in a few minutes. Your room is up the stairs, the last one down the hall to your left."

Adrien nodded and brought some of his suitcases up the stairs. He found his room and set them down. Plagg flew out of his jacket. "She seems nice," he said. "Yeah," Adrien said, looking around the room. He took out the miraculous box. "Hopefully I'll be able to find someone worthy enough to help me with the akumas."

"Adrien?"

Plagg flew into Adrien's jacket and Barbara entered the room. "My son should be here soon. Come down so you can meet him."

***

"Wanna do something after school, Jimbo?" Toby asked his friend once school ended. "Can't," Jim said. "My mom adopted a boy and today is the day he's arriving." He smiled. "Maybe some other time."

"What's his name?" Claire asked him. "I think Adrien," Jim said. "He's coming to this school tomorrow."

Claire smiled. "I can't wait to meet him!"

They walked out of the school. Claire went her own way home and Jim and Toby went their way to their houses. "What do you think this Adrien guy is like?" Toby asked once they were on their bikes. "I don't know, Tobes," Jim replied. "I don't even know what the guy looks like."

"Hopefully he's nice," Toby said.

"Yeah. Hopefully."

They arrived at their houses, which were across the street from each other. "I'll see you tomorrow, Jimbo!" Toby called as he went inside the house. Jim waved to him and parked his bike in the garage. He walked inside. "Mom?" He called. "Are you home?"

"In here, Jim!" Barbara called from the living room. Jim walked into the living room and saw Barbara sitting on the couch next to a boy. "This is Adrien," Barbara said. Jim smiled and waved. "Hey," he said. "I'm Jim."

Adrien smiled and gave him a small "Hey."

Barbara stood up. "I need to go to work," she said. "I'll be back by the time you two wake up tomorrow."

She grabbed her purse and walked out the door, after saying goodbye to the two teenage boys.

Jim looked at Adrien. "Have you finished unpacking yet?" He asked.

"I didn't even start."

"I can help you." He smiled. "Come on."

They went up the stairs to help Adrien unpack his bags.