Chapter n i n e - You were never really there

The next day

"Tristan, we need to talk," you say, looking at your hands.

"Uh okay? What's up?"

"Can you sit down?" You pat the couch next to you.

He shrugs and sits down, confused.

"I-I... I don't think this is working out. And before you say anything, it truly is me at fault. You were the perfect boyfriend, the first time we dated and now. I still very much love you, and I think I always will, but my heart is telling me that this isn't right. It's not fair on you to string you along when I'm not all in. Whoever ends up with you will be the luckiest girl in the world. I'm so sorry for hurting you, but I can't force my heart."

He looks you in the eyes, and you know that he knew this was coming. "It's Logan, isn't it? You love him."

You nod your head slightly, tears dripping down your face. "I'm so so sorry Tristan. For everything."

"I could tell you know, as soon as we got back together I could tell your heart wasn't in it. You were with me, but your mind wasnt. But I kept pretending that it was because I loved you. I hope you're happy with him Y/N, I truly do."

You pull him into a hug, secretly wondering if you were doing the right thing. After a second he pulls away.

"I should go."

"Goodbye, Tristan," you smile sadly.

And then he's gone.

~~~

You didn't know what to do with yourself. You felt awful, and the only person you wanted to talk to was Logan, but he was in a class. So you took your book and sat outside it, desperate to see him.

Eventually he emerges, Finn, Colin and Robert surrounding him. When he sees you, he waves them off and walks over to you.

Without saying a word, you throw your arms around his neck and bury your face into his shoulder.
"I'm such a horrible person," you whisper.

"No you are not Y/N, you are the kindest, most compassionate person I know. You couldn't keep pretending to yourself. How did he take it?"

"He took it well, which makes me feel even worse! I could tell that he knew it was coming, and I just felt terrible the entire time."

Logan pulls back to look you in the eyes. "I love you, Y/N. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes to be with you.  You haven't made a mistake."

"I know I haven't," you kiss him lightly. "But... just one thing?"

"Anything."

"Can we take things slowly? I really want to do this right, make it work, and I don't want to ruin anything by rushing ahead."

"You set the pace Rose, and wherever you lead, I'll follow."

Really sorry for such a short Chapter, but now that Tristan is out of the picture I can get back to more plot driven chapters! Fun fact,I almost made Tristan a bad guy, but due to my love of Chad Michael Murray and the character I decided to make it an amicable parting 😂😂