Finding Heartbreak

I followed Naeomi and Gabriella. It was clear to me that we were in my old home. They got in a car and I followed. She took the girl to a facility.  Not just any Facility. The Facility my parents worked at. I didnt realise. Was there someone else that fell off the edge? What happened to Gabriella? My mind would normally be racing trying to figure out what this was, but I was strangely calm about it all. As the silver Honda Naeomi was driving pulled up, I got a good look at Gabriella, her daughter. I didnt see it before. Gabriella was me. But Gabriella wasnt my name. Another pang of guilt and pain hit me. The closer they got to the facility, the more dread I felt. I didnt understand. Then.... it happened...

I was walking around happily, just wandering around the field behind the facility. Like any happy child. I felt a pull to the light that I saw in the distance of the field. I wandered that way. My mother seemed to have screeched my name. I was at the edge but I didnt know that yet. She ran to me as fast as she could and spun me around in her arms so I was facing her and her back was to the edge. I pushed out of her arms.... and she slipped.

I finally understood the immense guilt I was feeling. I blocked out all these memories. I burst out in tears, my hearing fading by the time my younger self screamed for our mother, frightened and sad. The memory washed away with my tears. I felt a gentle squeeze of my hand and a soft, quiet voice spoke. "You let in the hurt. Now the memories will come as you wake. It will hurt a lot. We will want to cry, dont fight it. Just.... let go of it all... It wasnt our fault" She smiled a peaceful smile and pulled me down to her. She gently kissed my forehead and whispered "Thank you"
I was sucked back to reality. The brightness of the sunlight was almost blinding as I struggled to open my eyes. At least it didn't feel like I was being sucked through a vortex again. The only thing heard was my quiet groan as I tried to push myself up to sit. Elliott pushed me back down, forcing me to stay laying down. "You've been in a coma for about a week. Dont try to sit up, you hit your head pretty bad." I brought my hand to my head and opened my mouth to say something but the words didnt come out. My throat was so dry, and the cold oxygen coming out of the nose piece, made it feel like my nostrils were on fire. "W...wa.." I couldnt speak. Elliott seemed to have understood me though as he reached behind him and grabbed a glass of water. His glass of water. I couldnt help but blush a little as he, a complete stranger to me, helped me. He lifted my head slightly and helped me drink the water. I winced at his touch, even though it was gentle. My head hurt a lot. He layed me back down and smiled, still holding the glass. I took a deep breath and smiled a pained smile back. He was clearly happy that I woke up, I'm not exactly sure why though. I not so gently ripped the small oxygen nose piece from my nose. Elliott took a step back afraid that I'd hit him. I swallowed my saliva and looked at him "I'm sorry if I scared you... it felt like my nose was burning" I again tried to sit up and Elliott kept me down. "Scootch over" he said smiling. My body was in immense pain, but I shifted over nun the less. He layed with me in the hospital bed. There was little to no room for him. The gesture was cute yet a little weird as we dont know eachother that well. The nurse came in about twenty minutes later but swiftly left as she saw us. I was half way laying on Elliott, I did it to make more room for him on the bed, but maybe that wasnt my only reason. The pain in my head was practically nothing. I was happy. The room was filled with our laughter. No wonder we scared the nurse away.

"No really. How many times can you use seriously in a sentence?" I giggled and looked at his hand, intertwining our fingers together, being careful of my IV. He laughed and I felt like I could die happy. His laugh was so amazing. He put on a high pitched diva voice and used his other hand to make it more dramatic. "Oh no girl! I know you ain't serious right now cause I'm bout ready to seriously whoop dat ass" we both burst out laughing. He didnt manage to get too many seriously's in there, but it didnt make it any less hilarious. I looked up at him and smiled as we calmed down from all the laughing. Laughing hurt my head a little, but it was worth it. Elliott rubbed his thumb against the back of my hand and smiled back. "I'm glad you woke up" I couldnt help but blush a little. I know he noticed but he didnt say anything which warmed my heart. I felt butterflies in my stomach and the warmness of being around him, and talking to him was spreading. Our lips were only inches apart. I don't know what got into me, but as if I had no control over myself, I separated our hands and brought my hand to his face, gently kissing him as I did. He was shocked at first, not expecting that, but he soon melted into the kiss and kissed me back. It was like an out of body experience except I felt everything. I felt the fireworks, the surge of passion, the multitude of butterflies that only seemed to increase. It was the best feeling of my life. I blushed a lot in embarrassment as he pulled away. He gently caressed my face, rubbing my cheek as he did. "You need your rest" He went to get up, but I held him there. "Please stay" I pleaded. His smile returned as he layed back down, me laying on his chest. He gently stroked and played with my hair with one hand, holding mine with the other. The gentle movement of his hand through my hair didnt hurt this time, it was peaceful and calming, causing me to drift off to sleep.