Chapter 28

Prepare your asses for the longest chapter ever but it's safe to say that it's my personal favorite from all those I have written.
You know you've done an evil cliffhanger when your readers leave you death threats X)

---------------------------------------

(As if you need any reminding)
When the footsteps faded in a few seconds, I breathed a sigh of relief and Chanyeol released his hand. "We really need to start setting a better example as Head Boy and Head Girl." I joked, turning at him. His face glowed like gold in the faint lighting. But anything else I might have said caught in my throat as I found Chanyeol looking at me with the same intensity as he had on the grounds. I was suddenly aware that he was still holding my hand. 

His eyes flickered to my lips, which seemed unexpectedly close to mine and my gaze moved to his. My breath hitched in my throat.

As I met his intense gaze again, I realized two things simultaneously:
Chanyeol was going to kiss me.
And I was going to let him.

---

Chanyeol's face moved closer to mine, and I closed my eyes when it became too difficult to keep him in focus. I tried to remember our last kiss . . . wondering if his lips would feel familiar.

In fact, in less than a second, I discovered that they felt better than before, better than any kiss I've ever shared as I melted in his embrace. An electric charge sizzled through my veins and the stupid fluttering feeling in my stomach wouldn't stop. His lips were heavenly than any else's in the world. Especially when they are fixed against your own. I had hardly responded to him in the kiss when Chanyeol suddenly dropped my hand and pulled away. 

You know that thrill of doing something inexplicably wrong? I didn't. Until now, ofcourse. And I think I only followed because it was Chanyeol, because there was comfort and assurance wherever he was concerned, because nothing felt wrong with him. And I thought the same when he was kissing me, that sense of comfort was so strong that it clouded over my conscience. But the moment of euphoria died when his conscience took over.

My eyes flew open to find him already walking out from under the staircase. I followed hastily after him, my mind was still reeling from the shock of what had just happened. I couldn't think properly, my mind was still full of the image of Chanyeol leaning towards me, then the sensation of his lips slowly moving upon mine. But why had he moved away so abruptly?

Still too mentally disoriented to say anything to him, I continued to trail him back to the common room. His jaw locked firmly, he didn't once look at me and his quick strides suggested that he was trying to get away from me. I practically had to run to keep pace with him until we reached our common room, slowing as we reached the corridor of our respective rooms. At last, Chanyeol turned to face me, but the look on his face which could only be depicted as anger, froze me. A second later, he turned and disappeared into his room.

I stood staring after him, trying to make sense of his reaction. Was he angry with me? I don't see how's that possible. So is he angry with himself? Because . . . . he hadn't wanted to kiss me, the logical part of my brain answered.

 And that hurt more than I could ever imagine.

Whirling around, I dashed to my room. Immensely glad for the first time that I didn't share a room with my previous roommates because I didn't want to explain anything to anyone, not even Yumi. What was there to explain when nothing made sense to me? 

Throwing Chanyeol's rainwater-drenched jacket on the floor as I shut the door behind me, I stripped off the rest of my wet garments in the bathroom, stepped into a hot shower, hoping the rhythmic pounding of water would help me ease my mind. But my thoughts were too scattered to be assorted. As minutes passed, I kept returning to the same point of the evening---with Chanyeol kissing me and my realization that I have been wanting him to do that for a long time. How was it possible that I had been so blind for a long time, I had no idea.