Chapter Fifteen : Mishap

"What was Aunt Veronica's son's name again?" Louis questioned, as they stepped in.

"Vladimir," Harry answered but turned towards him, "why?"

"I don't know," Louis muttered, "isn't it curious that your associate from America is also name Vladimir?"

"Louis," Harry chuckled, "many people share names, I mean your name and my name are pretty common too."

"I guess." Louis agreed but carefully insisted again, "But they both returned from New York too."

"Louis," Harry told him seriously, "it's just a coincidence."

Letting the topic slide away, Louis stayed alongside Harry through the entire party, not moving away from his side especially with Vladimir's dark gaze following his every move. Socializing and discussing politics with a different set of people but Louis didn't leave his husband which was when Veronica approached them with Vladimir.

"Good Evening, Harry, Louis," she smiled and greeted him with pretence etched into her face, "this is Vladimir, I'm not sure if you know him but he is a huge investor in both the Styles and our own company."

"I do know him, Aunt Veronica," Harry enlightened her, "I was the one to invite him."

" I thought Stephan did." She said and further added on, "He is almost like a son to me, he has been there through thick and thin."

"That's good to know, quite the charmer aren't you?" Harry shot towards the man.

"Occasionally, everyone is." He smirked at him.

"I'll just go talk to Kendall for a moment, she's been tugging on me since we arrived, excuse me," Louis left his husband's side without any warning and moved over to Kendall's side for conversation who asked him to accompany Cara to bring the gift they had for their parents from their room.

"All right, come on, let's go fetch it," Louis exited the ballroom with Cara.

Returning from their bedroom, Louis asked to stop near the restroom which she did and quietly waited for him until suddenly as he was going to unlock the door, the lights went off.

He heard the door open and strolled in, igniting his claustrophobia and the darkness just heightened the severity of the situation.

"I know you're here, Louis," Vladimir's voice pushed a chill down his skin while Louis remained pressed to the wall, as he reached for the gun in his pocket.

Shivering at the presence of the man before him, Louis felt tears accumulate into his eyes.

Pulling the trigger, he shot in the direction, he assumed was wrong and ran towards the door but was quickly pulled back by the man's arms instigating screams of repititon, "Harry!"

The place he was in was exhausting him out of breath, as he continued to struggle against the grabbing hands of Vladimir before he pulled the trigger again and shouted for Harry.

Reaching out to the handle of his gun, he hit it upon the head of his attacker who let his grip loosen upon him but was quick to retreat.

Pushing him away, Louis felt consciousness gently eluding him and while he pushed his eyes to stay open, wrestling against the external force, trying to find any outlet to escape.

Struggling to breath, Louis' eyes gave in to unconsciousness.