11

The Next Day (Friday):

1 pm:

Sonic's POV:

"Okay, Shadow. Enough kisses. I gotta go. Rouge is outside waiting for me," I tell Shadow as he places one more kiss on my lips.

"I'm sorry. I just really don't want you to leave," He pouts. I smile and lean up to kiss him.

"We won't be apart for so long. I'll see you at the hospital in an hour, right?" I ask him.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it for the world," He leans down and kisses me once more, before I turn around and leave his office. I walk out to the parking lot and see Rouge getting out of her car. Once she closes the door and sees me walking, she puts a hand on her hip and smiles.

"I was just about to come in and get you! What was taking you so long?" She asked as I walked up to her car. I hugged her and walked to the other side of the car and got in the passenger's seat. She got back in the driver's side and turned towards me.

"Ready to go?"

"Yep. Let's go,"

Half An Hour Later:

Me and Rouge got to the doctor's office at 2:00. We walked up to the nurse's desk and told her I had an appointment.

"Dr. Parker will be with you soon. She's with another patient. Just sign here and you can have a seat in the waiting area,"

"Where's Dr. Peters?" I asked her.

"He got called off to an emergency meeting,"

I nodded my head and signed the clipboard she placed in front of me. Me and Rouge headed to the waiting area and took a seat on the couch. She reached out and grabbed a magazine on the table in front of us. My knee kept bouncing up and down because of my nerves. Rouge sighed and placed a hand on my knee.

"Sonic, calm down. Everything's gonna be fine,"

"I know. But, I keep thinking that something's gonna go wrong or something's gonna happen," I tell her.

"Well, it won't. Everything will go smoothly. We just need to get your mind off of it until they call us up," She explains.

"You're right, Rouge. So, what do we talk about?"

"You wanna get something to eat after the appointment?"

"Actually, I promised Sally we would meet her at that café we went to before me and Shadow got married,"

"What? Sally is in LA?" She asked as she put down the magazine.

"Yup. She wants me, Shadow, you, and Knuckles to meet up with her and her boyfriend and the café," I answer her.

"Boyfriend?" She yelled. The nurse glares at us and places her finger against her lips. Me and Rouge mouthed sorry. Rouge turned back to me,

"Yep. She said he's really sweet and has the deepest blue eyes. She met him when she went to New York. Then he moved to LA and she ran into him at a park when she was helping us look for a house. They've been dating since then. She said she really wants our opinion on him,"

"Hmm, did she say a name?" She asked me.

"Now that I think about it, she didn't tell me his name,"

"Oh. Green eyes? Lived in NY then moved to LA?" She starts to laugh a little, "I must be crazy. He wouldn't do that," I give her a confused look.

"What are you talking about, Rouge?" I asked her. She was about to answer, but a young, blonde nurse came in and called my name.

"Sonic The Hedgehog?" She called out. Me and Rouge stood up and followed her to a room down the hall. She led us in and I sat on the bed. I was about to ask her if I was gonna have an ultrasound, but my question was answered when I saw her push in the screen for the ultrasound. I looked at Rouge and we both smiled. That's when I realized something.