The Bad Boy And His Queen

Ice cream melted on my hand as did my heart as his flaming eyes shot through it. I know he meant danger, but I didn't care. He's worth a roadkill and I was willing to take the risk, for I fell in the pits of hell, and Satan had already grabbed my soul.

I liked the way my fingers trail his tattooed skin. I liked his husky voice, calling me his love. I liked his breath with vodka scent, gently tickling my lips. And most of all, I liked how he treated me like his queen.

I know it's wrong, but it felt so right. He's an epitome of heaven, even though it looked like hell. I didn't mind burning with him at all, for he's my fire that kept me warm.

Everyone had warned me about him, that he would eventually hurt and leave me. But I didn't need warning, because I knew I had fallen in love with the devil and it's expected that way. The only thing I could do now was treasure the things that were still in my hold, for tomorrow might take it away.

I loved him, loved him more than those bitches before, and I knew he loved me back. I was his sun that gave him light, he was my moon and stars that gave me dreams. We were meant for each other, but I knew that us would eventually fade away. However, if that happened I would still love him until the end of time.

We had a simple life together. Drinking and dancing by a bonfire, sitting on the hood of his Cadillac under the starry skies while kissing and caressing as David Bowie sang on the radio.

I didn't mind if he couldn't build me a palace, nor give me thousand of jewels and dresses. He was enough for me, because whenever I was with him, I felt like I had everything.

He liked danger, the thrill and fun. That's why he found himself with the gang. Drugs, money and guns. Now it's the only thing that filled his hands.

I wailed every night when he needed to go, knowing that he might not come back from all of it. I always felt his empty space beside me on the bed.  It left a grevious mark on my eyes, causing it to bleed with hot tears.

One night, we were reunited again. We sang and danced in our shack to enjoy it. However, red and blue lights from outside blinded us. The next thing I knew, I was toppled on the ground with uniformed men of the law.

Worry and panic shot through me, and I quickly looked for him in the room. He was facing his back at us. He was frozen.

All the officers yelled to surrender and drop on his knees. They were confident that he would do what they commanded him, for he was now cornered with no escape. But I knew him better...

He turned around at us, and in an instant, his eyes landed on mine. Those bright cerulean orbs I knew so well, the color full of mirth. But in this moment, his eyes were in a void of storm....sad and dull...almost hollow.

I noticed his perfect heart-shaped lips slowly smiling. A weak and crestfallen smile...

I knew what it meant and made me to realize the end. But I refused to believe it. I refused to let him go.

I shook my head to show him I disapprove, tears were dripping down my heated cheeks.

The only thing he said was...

"I love you. I'm sorry..."

Just in a flash, he reached the gun on the headboard. It made the police alert and sounds of heavy shots rang through my ears...so loud that I thought I had fallen deaf. Light of spark followed and shone the dim lighted place of our home. I shut my eyes to wince. Scared to witness the horror.

As it subsided, I once again opened my eyes. I was stunned. I was terrified. But most of all, heartbroken.

There lied just in a few step away from me, was the love of my life, my moon and stars, now bathing in his own blood on the ground.

I tried my best to wriggle free from them and went straight to him. My hands shook as I endeavored to touch him, to caress him and kiss him. He was now cold like the first night of winter, and lifeless as a rock.

I brought his head on my lap and cupped his pale cheek. He was staring back at me, but those eyes were now a void of nothingness.

I cried like I had never cried before. Seeing his corpse before me was like a knife stabbed through my heart. It was painful than any fatal wounds. I also felt like dying.

The police checked his gun. What shocked them was...it was empty. They wondered why he would still resist in an awful way when he could just submit himself easily.

Well baby, I tell you, he didn't want to come off so easy. His whole existence was complex, filled with bazaar ideals and twisted principles. All I could say was that, he was a unique complicated abstract art, and only an artist who beheld him could dicepher his mystic trails, and that artist could only be me.

I did not like how my fingers touch his unbeating heart. I did not like his breath slowly fading in thin mist. Now I would never hear again his voice, calling me his love. I would miss it very much.

But most of all, I would miss him on how he treated me like I was the only girl in the world. His beloved queen. His bright and shining light that guided him, and his heaven which gave him comfort.

I knew he's gone....gone for eternity. And accepting this crushed my heart into pieces. But it's not an excuse to stop loving him, for I would always love him till the end of time...

And till the day when we could reunite again.

🌹