Time To Get Her Back

Elena's POV:

I woke up with the smell of fried eggs lingering in the air. Suddenly in came a tall man with shaggy black hair with a tray of breakfast and a pure orange juice. I smiled as he put the tray on my lap and kissed my cheeks. "Morning Sunshine" he said with a big smile, "what's this for?" I asked raising my eyebrows. "Is it not okay for me to give my girlfriend a breakfast randomly" he said laying back down, " fine" I took a bite into the breakfast and realized I hadn't been this happy in ages "I'm going to see Stefan today" I said and Damon nodded.

As I sat opposite the former 'love of my life' I felt the tension buzzing around our heads. A smile appeared on his face as we sat in silence for a matter of minutes "when did it become so hard for us to talk to each other" he said with a smirk, "since you turned all ripper" I said with a aggresive tone. "What do you want" he said poring himself a whiskey into the small cup. "I need you to not help get Bonnie back" I said bluntly, "what? You can't do it without me" he said slamming his cup onto the table. "You saw what happened to damon, it can't happen to you" I said trying to sound sad. "Elena you need me, more than you can ever know" he said touching my arm a pulling up my chin. As his lips touched mine I felt myself shiver, I pulled away quickly. "Have some respect for your dead brother!" I shouted slamming the door on the way out. I beard a fai t laughter as I crammed into my car "didn't go so well?" Caroline said clutching the steering wheel "just drive" I said taking a swig from the whiskey in a coke bottle.

As I packed my bags and got in the car, it all felt so real. Moving out of my house where any vampire could come in and out and moving in with Matt. We all were going to be living there for a while, Damon too. I sat on the sofa of the house and I felt at edge like never before. It was different. "Hey" Damon said putting his arm on my back "you ready?" He asked. "Time to get her back"