15.Downward Spirals

Mairym...

She shuddered as she shook the thought away and dropped the bag back in its place and allowed the tears that had built behind her eyes to release, quickly flooding her face before turning and hurling a vase, shattering it against one of the many mirrors that covered the walls and just as quickly, she composed herself and walked out of the closet, into the bedroom and picked up her cell phone, dialing a number.

"Hello Marvin? It's Mrs. Stabler...the OTHER Mrs. Stabler! Yeah, I need to update something, can I stop by around noon? ...good, I'll see you then." She ended the call and made her way out of the bedroom and down the hall to Elliot's office. She got behind the desk and sat down in his chair then took note paper from the drawer and began writing. When she was done, she folded the letter and hastily stuffed it into an envelope and tossed something inside before sealing it, then got up from the desk and left the office, taking the letter with her.

She showered, dressed and stuffed the letter in her purse then made her way to the attorney's office. After she'd finished her business there, she stopped by her favorite florist to buy a bouquet of Lilies for Olivia before she stopped by to see her. As she stood outside on Olivia's stoop, she wondered if she was doing the right thing by being there; Elliot would kill her, of this she was certain but the way she saw it, she had nothing to lose and it was this thought that gave her the courage to ring the doorbell...

***

OLIVIA'S HOUSE, THE FOLLOWING MORNING

Trevor stood at the bathroom sink shaving as Olivia stepped out of the shower and wrapped herself in a bath towel then reached for another and began drying her hair.

"You gonna be okay on your own?" he asked from where he stood.

"I'll be fine" she softly assured as she made her way over to him, tossing her hair towel into the bin.

"I could always cancel" he took her in his arms and held her close.

"That's not us being normal."She said as she looked up at him. "Normal for us is a two day business trip once a month. And as much as I don't want you to go...besides, if it gets to be too much, I have a ton of people I can call."

"You amaze me!" he said as he leaned in and kissed her lips. "Why don't you come with me?"

"Because being in Chicago while you're in and out of meetings for two days is not my idea of fun."

"Oh, we can do fun!" he grinned and claimed her mouth in a feverish kiss as he backed her against the counter and lifted her so that she was sitting on top of it, never pulling their mouths apart. He grabbed her thighs and pulled her to the edge so that he was standing between her legs and as they continued to devour each other's mouths, she reached between them and removed his towel, dropping it to the floor. He was undoing her towel when suddenly, the phone began ringing.

"It's 6:30, are you kidding me?" she complained.

"Must be important if they're calling so early" he said and kissed her forehead before turning to walk away. She pulled him back to her.

"I don't care." she said and dropped her towel then put her arms around his neck and pulled him in to kiss him. "I'm ready for you!" she whispered into his mouth as she reached down and stroked him before guiding him inside her, moaning as she stretched to accommodate him.

***

TRAVIS' LOFT

"Are they sure it was a suicide? I wouldn't be surprised if Elliot tossed her off that ledge."