14.Bare

OLIVIA'S HOME.

"Olivia, please say something...please!" he begged. She slowly blinked her eyes.

"I'm here." She said in a small voice, tears falling down her face. He closed his eyes and sent a silent prayer of thanks to God.

"Please for good this time...promise me you won't leave again; promise me that no matter what, you're here and you won't leave again" he begged as he held her.

"Just don't let go...please don't let me go!" she whispered through her tears, holding him tight.

...

Olivia's POV...

No matter how much it hurt to go back, I couldn't stay. He's the love of my life and he needs me; we need each other, it's the only way we can ever even hope to put our lives back together. I'm afraid and I don't know if I'm strong enough for this, but feeling the safety of his arms gives me everything I need to try.

***

BRIAN AND ALEX'APARTMENT

"Do you understand what Daddy and I are saying?" Alex asked her daughter who sat across from her and Brian at the kitchen counter, a look of disappointment on her small face. Winnie looked from her mother to her father and simply shook her head. Alex looked to Brian, who in turn looked at Winnie.

"Baby, what your mom and I are trying to say is..." but he saw the hurt in his daughter's huge, blue eyes and suddenly lost his nerve. "Um...you know what? We are gonna be late for the zoo and we need to pick up Zara so why don't you run and pick out something to wear?"

'We're going to the zoo?!" Winnie suddenly broke out of her funk.

"We are."

"And Zara's coming?! Thank you Daddy!" she cried as she hopped down from her seat and ran to her father, throwing her arms around his waist. Brian looked down at her, smiling.

"Better hurry!"

"K!" she let go and ran for the kitchen stairs.

"I'll be up in a minute" Alex called after her.

"Okay mommy! I'm going to the zoo with Zara..." she sang gleefully as she made her way up the stairs as Alex got up to go follow her."

"The zoo?" She asked incredulously

"Babe, she was gonna cry!" he defended as he walked over to the phone on the kitchen wall.

"Who are you calling?"

"Nick, to see of Zara can go to the zoo" He answered. Alex shook her head and started up the stairs.

I need to get Winnie ready, the boys will be up any minute..." she began just as she heard their cries over the monitor.

"Babe, I got it, you feed the babies and I'll get Winnie together." He said and kissed her on the lips. "Hey, Amaro..." he said into the phone when Nick picked up on the other end.

***

Two weeks later...

.

ELLIOT'S APARTMENT

As the housekeeper went about cleaning in the bedroom, Elliot was packing a few things into a small suitcase from inside the massive walk-in closet when Mairym walked in.

"Do you mind Conception?" she rudely said to the housekeeper

"Concepción!" the older woman angrily corrected her