The News

The sun was blazing, I was burning up in the hot summer heat. Mom wanted to have a barbecue in the park, I wanted to stay home where there was AC, guess who won. Mom invited a few family members and her boyfriend Tysin, who had brought his 5 kids, all teenagers but still.

I'm wondering who's the mistake cause there's just no way you have 5 kids on purpose. I don't know what he plans to do with my mom but she's good with 1 kid, but I guess I can be ok is she has another one. My moms decently young, she had me when she was 22, I can understand if she and Tysin wants a kid of their own.

Quite frankly I think she's pregnant, she been throwing up and eating a lot lately and those are not a good combination, especially when she can't handle dealing with throw up and I have to clean it but at least she pays me. I keep telling her she should go to the doctor but she keeps brushing it of saying she probably picked up a bug or is on her period. I mean if that's how you refer to your to your kids then yeah, you got a whole parasite. And for her to be on her period she'd need blood, that part is kinda important. In fact the reason we were at the park having a barbecue was because she had a craving for ribs.

The sound of  Tysin's fork tapping on glass pulled me out of my thoughts.

I don't where he got it though, all the utensils are plastic...

Tysin stood up and licked his dry lips. Mom looked at him with curiosity in her eyes and a smile on her lips. "Jasmine ever since Emma died I've scene nothing but rainy days and thunder storms, but when you tripped into my life not only did you bring a coffee stain to my shirt..."  There were snickers all around the table. Mom just playfully rolled her eyes.

Tysin continued." But a rainbow and nothing but clear skies." He got on one knee and pulled out a ring "Jazz, I know you think I'm corny and ashy but wanna mess around and give me the honor of calling you my wife?" He asked with brown eyes full of hope and a playful smile on his lips.

"Yes! But first let me get the Vaseline out my purse." Mom said with the goofiest smile I've ever seen. Tysin then took his turn and playfully rolled his eyes and pulled her into a kiss. Grandma then she said with a chuckle "Honey, your supposed to save that for the wedding." I snickered but mom paid grandma's comment no attention. "Jordan pack your things cause we're moving to Connecticut." Umm huh?
After a minute of processing the boys and I simultaneously shot up from our seats. "WHAT?" We exclaimed.

Mom pulled me to the side.

" I know this may seem out of the blue for you, but me Tysin have been talking about this for weeks." Okay so you've been talking to Tysin about this for weeks, it's still would have been nice for you to clue me in on this, it affects me too. This isn't the first time of her just up and moving us and discussing nothing with me.

But I hope it's the last...

                                                   ——-——-———————-x

Hope you liked it , don't forget to COMMENT,FOLLOW & SHARE

HAVE A GOOD DAY  LATER DORKS