Forbidden

Pebbles hit her balcony window and a smile spread across the princess's face immediately.

Tightening her corset as to not be more improper than this was, she stepped out onto the balcony smiling down to the boy who had been throwing the pebbles. His messy black curls always out of control. The smile that crossed his lips was all it took. "Hello, kind sir. What brings you to my window?" She asks and his chuckle is heard.

"Hoping to catch a glance at the beautiful princess." Her cheeks flushed with the compliment. "May I come up, Clarke?" He asked.

"Please Bellamy." He scaled the balcony in ease, as he has done so many times before. He climbed over the railing and moved towards his princess. She let him pull her against his body. The dress she wore wooshed around her as he lowered his forehead to her's. "I've missed you, Bell."

"It's been 24 hours darling." He said and Clarke looked away in embarrassment. "I missed you too." He said and kissed her forehead.

A little voice in her head told her this wasn't proper but she reached up on her slipper-less toes and kissed his check softly. Bellamy's cheeks flushed slightly. He always kept the kissed to her forehead, temple, and the top of her head. He never needed to go further. It wasn't proper. But if the princess felt like she trusted him enough to kiss his cheek, he was grateful.

"What did you do today, Princess, from beginning to end?" He followed her into her living room next to her bedroom, never letting go of her hand. He sat down and patted his lap. She giggled and sat on his lap.

"Well, I woke up with a smile because of your note..." She told him the story of her day and he listened with great focus.

At the end of the night, Clarke had fallen asleep in his arms on the couch. Bellamy laid his princess in her bed and wrote her note as always. He placed a kiss on her forehead, placed a small box on the bedside table, and escaped out the window before her dressing maid entered the room. The smile placed on Clarke's face was engrained in his brain.

~

The next morning Clarke walked to her father's study with great elegance and happiness. Bellamy had left her a necklace last night. It is silver with a blue pendant set in the shape of an oval. She was over the moon about it. Clarke vowed not to ever take it off.
Her father and mother had called her quite early that morning. They had interrupted her morning of reading Bellamy's letters and writing one for Sir Lincoln to send to him.

Clarke made it to the study and entered only to find her mother and father with a young man that looked familiar. "Mother, Father, you called for me?" She held her hands in front of her to show she is not hiding anything.

"Oh, yes, Clarke. We need to introduce you to Prince Collins. Your fiancé." Father shared this information with a slight tick in his jaw. Her jaw dropped and her hand went to Bellamy's gift around her neck. What would he say to this?

"I-I-I can't. I won't. You cannot make me marry a man I have never met!" Clarke yelled and turned to the door.

"Clarke!" Mother shouted. Clarke stopped. "That was not proper. You do not turn your back on your father."

Clarke turned with a smirk. "Watch me." She walked out of the study and motioned for Sir Lincoln. "Take me to Bellamy." Clarke grabbed her cloak and followed Lincoln.

~

They arrived at the Blake family's shop in minutes. Bellamy saw the familiar blonde hair and became alert immediately. He went to her in seconds. "Princess, what are you doing here?"

"Bell, I've been betrothed." She whispered and Bellamy's heart shattered into a million little pieces.

"Excuse me?" He said in a tone that could kill.

"Come with me." She took his hand and pulled him to a secluded area. "Prince Collins has asked for my hand and my father has accepted it." Bellamy wouldn't look at her.

"Then go be with him." Bellamy spat and saw Clarke's eyes water. "We both knew this wouldn't last. It's forbidden. The princess marrying a commoner." Clarke's delicate hands balled into fists.

"You can't mean that. Did our time mean nothing to you? The necklace you gave me last night? It meant... nothing." Bellamy nodded. "I love you, Bellamy. Nothing will change that. Even if I will be married on Sunday." Clarke turned away from him.

"I never loved you, Clarke." Bellamy suddenly felt a petite hand hit his face.

"That's for lying." Clarke whispered and left for the palace.
Bellamy hadn't even gotten to say how her necklace brought out her eyes and how beautiful she looked in her purple dress.

~

"Honey, stop biting your lip. How is Prince Collins going to react when he has to kiss chapped and cracked lips?" Mother said straightening out Clarke's white dress.

"I don't want him to kiss me at all." Clarke murmured under her breath.

"Clarke, you are getting married to the prince." Mother tightened her corset strings. "Wether you like it or not." Clarke felt like her lungs were going to burst.

Her mother left and Clarke sat on her bed. She placed the oval pendant around her neck and thought about Bellamy. Someone cleared their throat. Her head shot up and her heart soared. "Bellamy?"

"Princess... I can't let you marry that man." He said and got down on one knee. "Will you-"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" She went to him and he stood to kiss her. It was a brief but earth shattering kiss.

"That was..." He started with a smile.

"Perfect." Clarke went on her tiptoes and kissed him softly as her door opened.

"Sir Blake?" Her mother questioned immediately. "You were supposed to wait until the ceremony to ask her."

"She was mad at me. I knew what it would take." Bellamy mused as his arms circled Clarke's waist.

"Yeah. He did. Wait, there was a plan?" Clarke questioned and looked between her fiancé and mother.