Estelle at CHB | Part 3

Guys, gals and non binary pals. This book just reached 21k. 21,000. Twenty, one thousand. I'm ded. I want roses at my funeral. Thanks. Goodbye. *Screams in unknown language*
***
Continuation of the Estelle at CHB mini series.
• Estelle can see through the mist
• Mist is a thing
°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~
Estelle Blofis P.O.V
I looked over the sword rack. There where about 30 weapons all swords. I picked up a random sword I knew from my research was a claymore

A/N I actually googled stuff for this chapter are you proud of me?

It was long and felt heavy and awkward in my hands so I put it back down. I tried through most of the swords. To heavy, to light, to long, to short, the list went on. Finally I picked up the only sword I hadn't tried, a Zweihander I picked it up... And fell straight over.

(Sorry another A/N but this thing is HUGE ↓

Look, told you)

My face must have shown my disappointment because Percy picked me up, carefully placed the sword back on the rack and said
"look Stella, swords are tricky you have to get the balance, length ect perfect and that's a very hard thing to do. My first sword lesson, nothing worked for me. Everything was wrong so don't beat yourself up about it. Wanna practice with the xiphos? That was almost perfect"

I nodded, getting to my feet. Picking up the xiphos, I followed Percy's instructions on where to put my feet and how to hold the sword.

Percy's sword, riptide was a xiphos too but it had more reach.

He showed me the basics, how to lunge and block attacks and by lunch I was dripping in sweat, cussing under my breath and I knew swordfighting was not for me. I staggered up to the mess hall with Percy. We where laughing at inside jokes together.

I went and sat at the Hermes table again. They all got up to give offerings to the gods. I followed them but I didn't know who to sacrifice my food to. I remembered the stories Percy told me when I was small. When I reached the front of the line I muttered "Hestia" and scraped part of my plate into the fire.

I talked to cabin 11 and started becoming friends with some of them. I was surprised my wallet was still in my pocket but I guess they where all scared of what Percy would say.

Over the next few days I practiced with a dagger with Annabeth, nearly died on the lava wall, Piper showed me how to use a knife, and other people taught me how to use a spear, axe and shield. I practice canoeing and wrestling and did more swordfighting with Percy.

The one thing I was really looking forward to was archery. I had always found it awesome. When I was 9 and Thalia came to visit, I stole her bow and arrows, I broke multiple glasses.

Kayla from the Apollo cabin had agreed to teach me. I was bouncing on the balls of my feet as she went over health and safety. She showed me how to get the stance right and how to  shoot.

I put a arrow into my bow and pulled back

"Move your right leg back a bit" Kayla called out. I followed her instructions, aimed and shot. The arrow wedged itself into the blue section.

Kayla high fived me "not bad for a fist try" she announced.

I tried multiple times over the 3 hours I had. I even hit the bullseye a handful of times.

I liked archery.

The conch horn blew signaling dinner I packed away my bow and quiver.

I sacrificed half of my chicken to Artimes (I had taken to giving my food to a different god/goddess every day.) Sitting back down at the Hermes table I ate my remaining food ravenously, archery had tired me out. I didn't even notice when the pavilion when silent

This bit is requested by Nielshel (hope you don't mind I used your idea in this bit not in its own oneshot)

I just carried on eating. Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I looked up. "Oh hey Triton" I said then went back to eating. I did a double take "Triton! What are you doing here?"

He smiled "come to see my favourite mortal of course"

I raised my eyebrow "in the middle of  dinner"

"I am a God, I do what I want"
"I am hungry, I eat during dinner" I retorted.

Most people seamed shocked that I would talk to a God like that but Percy was sniggering into his blue salad.

"Hello Percy" Triton called over to his table.
"Hey Triton" he said through laughs.

"Anyway I have an announcement" Triton said "I have decided to bless Estelle Sally Jackson-"

"How do you know my middle name" I interrupted.

"Wha-"

"I've never told you my middle name, stalker"

Triton stared open mouthed "that's what you care about"

"I'm joking, carry on"

"I wish to bless you"

I looked at him weirdly "I didn't sneeze"

°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~
Sorry it's unedited and a bit rushed I've just been putting of writing this chapter for ages

There will be one more part to this.

I'm starting year 9 soon so I won't have much time on my hands.

Thanks for reading X

Word count ~ 903