Unwanted visitor

I, Carys Rose Harlow,

Have never been normal.
No, really. I'm not kidding.
How many normal people do YOU know who have Cupid as a father?

Well, maybe father is too strong of a word. I never spent that much time around the guy.
In fact, most I see him now is on my birthday and the occasional appearance he would make at camp half blood.
But considering I'm now 19 and free to leave camp halfblood on my own accord...I doubt I'll see much of him anymore.
Sitting on a grayhound bus headed back to Charlotte NC, I feel comforted.
It's been a year since Percy Jackson saved Olympus from Kronos. One full year that things have since started to get back to normal...Become peaceful, even.
Everyone made plans after the war, either to leave camp, help teach younger halfbloods, or venture out on their own.

Every demigod at camp was claimed by their parent, and less monsters have been appearing to hunt down demigods, even.
It's been a pretty nice change, really.

With everything that had gone on the last few years, acting normal and attending college in a few weeks actually seems fun to me.
As soon as I exit the bus, I'm greeted by my aunt Moira.
Although, I'm not sure aunt is the right term for her.
She's raised me since I was only 4, but as far as I know, we're not genetically related to one another. Being only 32, she's always seemed more like a sister than an aunt to me.

I never got an answer from Cupid....Er dad, as to why she was raising me. Frankly, I was too ticked at him to even bother conversing with him too much growing up.

I was always told by my "father" I'm special. That I'll always matter to him, regardless on how many Gods abandon their demigod children.
Yeah, considering the guy probably has a couple other thousand children he says that to, I don't really take what he says seriously.

"Carys! You have no idea how much I've missed you!" Moira coos, hugging me tightly.
I smile. It feels good to be missed.

"Missed ya too! How's everyone been while I was gone?"

Moira proceeds to inform me everything she, my uncle Henry, and their daughter Kylie have been up to while I've been away.
The family took up swimming, gardening, and they were even planning a trip for all of us to the mountains.

"I'm definitely in!" I smile.

"So tell me, how was the epic battle of Olympus?" Moira smiles.

We spend the next hour car ride home dishing about everything that had happened the last 10 months. Even trivial gossip as who was dating who, (Percy and Annabeth!! <3 )
By the time we arrived home, twilight was befalling the sky.

I greet Uncle Henry upon entering the house, but a weird look on his face stops me from throwing out a hug.

"What's wrong?" Moira frowns from the doorway.

"We....have a visitor..." Uncle Henry exclaims, using a thumbs up to point over his shoulder.

"Visitor" is typically the word Uncle Henry uses to indicate my father is around. Henry has been nothing but sweet ever since he met Moira and they married. However, I think he secretly resents my father for not raising me himself.
Can't say I blame the guy.

 "It's not my birthday." I frown. That's usually around the time Cupid visits.

"It's....Not him..." Uncle Henry says in an odd tone, looking alarmed. "I wish it was, though...." He mumbles hastily under his breath.

I walk through the kitchen to make it into the den. Who I find on my aunt and uncles couch, disgusts me.
Tall, thick dark hair that reaches his shoulders, dressed in midnight black jeans and an equally dark leather jacket, is Ares. The God of War.
Also known as, my grandfather.