Age is Just a Number- Chapter 4

The young woman was around twenty-four based on her physique. She had reddish, orange hair paired along with mistakable dyed orange eyebrows. Her hair hit her chest in waves.She had pale skin, yet it fit her hair color and was not pasty. Her nose was a bit crooked but she had striking green eyes. Crap! How was I supposed to compare to her? This woman had curves in the places where I lacked. She had flowy hair, when I had auburn, damaged hair. She had stunning green eyes, only when I had hazel. And oh one more thing, SHE was the one with Sean. I was at a major loss.

I collected myself, though, when I saw Sean and this mysterious woman walking towards my father and I.

" Hello, there William. Oh! Carli, you're here! You look nice." Sean spoke, his lisp making my heart leap, and my heart broke when I heard his compliment.

"Hey, Sean. Yep, I had to come, and I decided to bring Carli along. Now, don't be rude Sean...is this young lady the girl I've heard you talk so nicely about?" My father's voice broke out bodly and he shifted his head to the lady standing next to Sean.

"Ahahaha, yes Will, this is Jill." Sean moved aside to give me and my father a better look at his....at his...at his..what? Girlfriend. *Gasp* What if she was his wife?

My dad soon answered my question when he said, "Ahh, well it's a pleasure to meet Sean's girlfriend, nice to meet you Jill.

Then the girl spoke, "Mhm, pleasure to meet all of you guys too. Carli, nice to, um, meet you."

I cocked my head to the side, and gave a curt nod. I didn't know this girl, and sure I was acting female-doggish, but it wasn't fair she was the one with Sean. I glanced up and smacked myself menatally when I realized that Sean had seen the rude guesture, but relaxed when I heard him chuckle. Well, nice to see someone having a good time at this awkward exchange.

I then began to fiddle with my phone, pretending to be involved in a serious texting conversation, when my father, of all people, decides he needs to visit the little boy's room. Then Sean, agreed saying that he needed to go to the restroom too.

This left me alone with "Jill".

I moved my eyes all over the living room I was in, purposely trying to not make eye contact and to avoid any further awkward conversation.

Mission failed.

The thing, excuse me, Jill spoke, "So, you're in highschool I bet! Are you in any like sports or anything?"

I rudely rolled my eyes, and forced a smile, "Um, like no. I spend most of my time on the academics. Not a sports person."

"Oh, oh well, um, academics is important too."

Wow. I ended the conversation there, and politely excused myself to go hang out somewhere else.

.................

I spent the rest of the party upstairs hanging out with some of the other buisness men's younger children. Then a few hours later, convinced my dad to just leave.

I said my goodbyes to all the men I had met that day, including Sean, to whom I gave a curt goodbye and a stiff handshake. I didn't bother saying my farewell's to Jill. She didn''t deserve one.

I liked Sean, this much was clear. However, any chance of anything happening was gone. He had a girlfriend, he barely spoke to me at this party, and I would never spend time with him.

I wasn't going to give up though, and that night I prayed to God to either take these heart felt feelings away, or to give me some kind of chance with him.

Was God going to answer them?

.....................

August...

September....

October......

November.....

December......

Five months had passed. I had begun 10th grade, and my life became a blur. I had exams, tests, quizzes, my social life, and so much more. The only thing I had not focused on in those five months was my love life. All my friends, Dominique (My best friend) and Breanna, and Taylor, and Lauren had gotten boyfriends clearly in the lovey dovey bliss while I stood on the sidelines. It was hard to believe but in all the five months since that dreadful work party I attended with my father, I would think about Sean every single day. Whether it was for a few seconds or a few minutes, he always claimed a bit of my day. Now, I was not obbsessed with him. No, I did not dream about him, nor did I do any drastic things that woulld be considered stalking. All, I did was let him consume my thoughts for a few minutes a day. That was all I could bare. Sean made my heart ache, just imagining those chocolate brown eyes looking into mine. I couldnt believe five months had passed since I'd last seen those chocolate brown eyes.

However, now it was winter break, school exams had ended and now I had two weeks, to spend my boring life doing absoultely nothing along with my parents. Atleast that's what I had thought when I entered the front door of my house.

"Good afternoon Darling." I entered and greeted by my mother and my father was by her side.

"Um, hey mom." I was a bit suprised, my parents were rarely ever home when I got home from school.

"We have something to share with you."

Oh god! Please don't be pregnant. I glanced at my mom's stomach, nope she definetely was not showing.

"Okay" was all I said, and I began to make way to the living room couch.

My mother began to trail off.

"Well, you know how your now on break and we usually go traveling or something like that as a family. Well, your father kind of mentioned to me he wants to spend some quality time with me, and we were just wondering if you wouldn't mind you know staying home by yourself this winter break."

My mouth fell open, they were gonna just leave me here. I soon closed my mouth and realized it had been a good ten years since they went by themselves somewhere.

I casually told them I was fine with everything.

My mother smiled and jumped with delight.

She then calmed down and spoke, "Now, you're gonna be at this house by yourself but I told your father that I wanted someone to keep check on you."

My father than interrupted her, "And I agreed, so I asked your mother and then I asked Sean, do you remember him? Sure, You do!, and we all agreed that he would come to the house and check up on you."

My mouth fell open again! Sean! I was gonna be alone, and Sean was gonna keep tabs on me.

All I knew at the moment, was that my father and my mother would have never agreed to such a thing had they known how I felt about the man.

Oooooo(: Cliffhanger, sort of! Please vote, and I appreciate comments. Did you like the chapter? What do you want to happen? I love feedback so feel free to message me or leave comments(: Thank you so very much!