chapter eleven - your perspective

I wake up, and see a note left on my bedside table. The handwriting is very messy, but that just makes it cuter.
Dear Leo,
I'm heading home now, but I'll pick you up tomorrow at 11am! Can't wait to see you again, beautiful.
From Zac
I'm grinning like an idiot. This was so sweet of him. It's little things like this that make me really happy.
I check the time on my phone, and see that it's 10:01am. This means I have just under an hour to get ready. I scramble out of bed and jump into the shower. I wash and dry my long blonde hair, then curl it into beach waves. I put on some mascara and lipgloss. I'm wearing a simple denim skirt with a lavender lace shirt. and some dirty white Nike Air Force's. By the time I'm ready I've still got twenty minutes to spare. I flop backwards onto my couch, and check my phone. I see I have four missed calls from mum. Crap. I call her back immediately.
"Hey sweetie, why didn't you call yesterday?" My mum says, answering the call quickly.
"I'm sorry, I completely forgot," I say, because it's the truth.
"It's okay darling. So how's Sydney? Do you have a boyfriend yet?"
"It's good. As a matter of fact, I kind of do, we're going on a date this morning. His name is Zac and he's super nice and he's a lifeguard and he's super hot and-"
My mum interrupts my blabbing with a shriek, "Oh my god! Go you, Leo! Send me a picture!"
"Sure mum," I say, smiling even though she can't see it.
After several minutes of chatting on the phone, there's a knock on my door.
"That's him now mum, got to go, bye!" I say.
"Okay sweetie, have fun! Talk to you later," Mum replies, and I hang up.
I rush over to the door and open it. Sure enough Zac is standing there.
"Hey," I say, grinning pathetically. My heart is rushing again, just like it always does when I'm around him.
"Hey, I see you got my note," Zac says, also grinning.
"Sure did. It was the cutest thing ever. I hope there will be more of where that came from," I say.
"What about more of this?" Zac replies, wrapping his arms around me and kissing me quickly.
"Of course," I say, grabbing a handful of his shirt and pulling him closer towards me. I brush my lips against his softly, again and again, slowly getting rougher and rougher. I love the way he smells of the sea, and the way he closes his eyes when he kisses me. I love everything about him.
Zac pulls away, and shakes his head cheekily.
"So we are in agreement that there will definitely be more of that, but for now, I have a surprise for you."
"Oh, I like surprises."
"Good."

Zac's car pulls to a stop, and he tells me to wait inside and close my eyes until he comes and gets me. I do as he says and wait patiently until he comes and carries me out of the car, holding me in his strong, bulky arms.
"Keep your eyes shut," he tells me, so I do.
He lowers me onto the ground. And sits down right beside me his leg against mine.
"Okay, now you can open them," he says.
I do and I see baskets of food that have been freshly baked, and by the sloppy icing on some of the cupcakes, I can tell that Zac made it all himself. Underneath is a black picnic blanket that we are sitting on. But the most breathtaking thing is the view of the city. I couldn't be happier.