74. Confession #2

Author's Note

Here is another chapter for all of you, i hope you all can see it. Thank you so much for being patient wiht me. Love you all!

Elizabeth’s POV

I opened my eyes and blinked trying to adjust to my surroundings. I groaned feeling pain in various parts of my body.

“Shhh, it’s okay baby” I heard a soft angelic voice above soothing me. I glanced up and saw Harry sitting on his side of the bed.  I knitted my eyebrows sitting up resting my back against the headboard, running through my mind trying to remember what happened.

I remember Harry’s boxing match, walking out to his car…Jason. Oh my God it actually happened! No! Tears quickly sprung into my eyes and I started sobbing into my hands hiding my face.

“Hey” Harry said reaching over grabbing my placing me on his lap and wrapped his arms around him.  “I’m sorry this happened, I should have gone with you. I should have just waited until we got home to take a shower” he murmured at the top of my head. I shook my head and sobbed even more.

Great, now he is blaming himself. This is all my fault. I have made my bed it’s time for me to lay in it. I should have just told Harry sooner, now it’s just going to cause even bigger problems that it would have earlier.

“Why did this have to happen?” I heard Liam voice. I looked up and it was then I realized that we were not alone. Liam and Niall were standing against the wall by the door looking agitated and heavily frustrated.  You could tell by the creased lines on their foreheads and arms crossed over their chests.

“I know, hasn’t Jason caused her enough trouble as it is” Niall spat out and his eyes widened as soon as he spoke the words. I stared at him with wide eyes and I felt Harry tense beside me.  

“What do you mean, Niall?” Harry asked while he dropped his arms, releasing me . I swallowed and closed my eyes for a brief moment.

“What’s going on guys?” Harry asked sternly and Niall sighed.

“This wouldn’t be the first time something like this happened to Elizabeth” Niall murmured slowly trying to choose his words carefully.

Harry scowled. “What do you mean?” he asked raising his voice.  Liam and Niall stayed quiet not sure what to say, I knew that this was my turn to talk.

I took in a deep breath. “He wasn’t just a random guy”

“Yea, I know he’s the one that was at the bowling alley right?” he said turning to look at me with impassive tinted green eyes. I nodded.

“I don’t understand. He said that you were friends” Harry said shaking his head at me a confused look on his face.

“He lied” I murmured. “His name is Jason” I swallowed taking in a deep breath licking my lips. Harry starred at me his lips pressed into a tight line, scowling at me. SHIT!

I closed my eyes not being able to look at him. “He was my ex and… he raped me.” I confessed.

“What!” Harry spat standing up, his eyes turning cold. “Elizabeth, why didn’t you tell me!”

“I-i- I know I should have told you but I couldn’t.” I stuttered. I glanced at Niall and Liam giving them a signal to leave.

“We’ll leave you to talk” Liam said before turning around and walked out of the room with Niall behind him.

Harry was pacing back and forth at the foot of the bed running his hands through his hair. Crap! He’s running both of his hands through his hair, which means double the exasperation.

“Elizabeth why didn’t you tell me?” he asked. “Who have you told?”

I bit my lip. “Everyone else but you” I admitted in a whispered tone looking down at my lap feeling ashamed. Harry didn’t reply and I looked up and saw hurt rush through his eyes before it was masked away.

“Look I know I should have told you. I am so sorry, I just didn’t know how. I told Eleanor then Louis found out and I wouldn’t tell him so he took me out to the backyard while you were sleeping and we talked about it then. I asked them to not tell you because I was scared”

“You were scared?” he asked raising his eyebrows at me. “You were scared to tell me and yet you were fine and dandy to tell our friends, to tell Niall?”

I felt a sting press through my heart. “Niall, what does he have to do with this? What are you talking about?” I asked standing up from the bed ignoring the pain that was shot through my waist.

“Oh come on Elizabeth!” He growled throwing his arms up in the air.

“I’m not blind.” Harry shook his head. “ I saw the way you two were acting at the match earlier tonight” he said motioning his hand out to the door.

“Harry, there is nothing going on between me and Niall” I shook my head.

“Well you two seem pretty close!” He snapped at me causing me to flinch back locking his eyes into mine pinning me down with his dark gaze.

“Harry your eyes…there not normal” I shuddered eyeing him up and down. Harry’s stance was tense , his shoulders were back making him look even more intimidating than usual.

“Stop changing the subject Elizabeth!” he snapped at me. “Who gives a damn about my eyes right now!” he said taking a step towards me, causing me to instinctively take a step back.

“We have a bigger problem here and all you want to do is worry about my eyes?” he added.

I shook my head. “No Harry, it’s just-“

“I don’t understand you at all Elizabeth” He shook his head smiling at me. “We agreed that we were going to be honest with each other no matter what right?” he asked taking another step towards me.

“Right?” he asked adding more volume to his voice. 

I nodded. “Right” I said struggling to force the word off of my tongue.

“And yet here you are lying to me” He smirked tilting his head to the side. “If you lying about this, how do I know you’re not lying about being in love with me?”

“Harry, it’s not that I didn’t want to tell you. I just didn’t know how,  you have to believe me” I begged tears running down my face. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you”

“How the hell am I supposed to believe you!” He growled. “You know what I should have stayed clear from you from the start.” He said closing the distance between us. “I should have just left you there lost in the middle of nowhere! “ I felt my heart snap at his words breaking into tiny shards of glass pocking me in my chest.

“I should have never gone looking for you in the woods! I should have left you there for him to kill you!” He said yelling at the top of his lungs causing me to step back even more but when I did I felt my back press into the wall.

“You have caused me nothing but trouble” he said narrowing his eyes at me and I felt the air getting caught in my throat.