24 | connect

The rules exactly stated that going out the dorms past 6 pm was forbidden and that you may be locked out for the whole night, leaving you to suffer to yourself outside

The rules exactly stated that going out the dorms past 6 pm was forbidden and that you may be locked out for the whole night, leaving you to suffer to yourself outside. But Hyunjin had experienced that before, so he was in no worry when he slipped past the prefect on duty at half-past five that day to make his way up to the Hufflepuff tower to fetch a Felix Lee from his den.

Tonight's schedule: checking out the restricted section of the library.

Students weren't technically allowed there, hence 'restricted' but come on, if Harry Potter did it some twenty four years ago, it shouldn't even be that hard for him, right?

Quiet as a mouse, Hyunjin makes his way down the dark corridor. Making use of only the dimly lit torches stuck on the walls didn't help much as he trips over many cracks on the floor but it's better than risking an exploding wand. After many trips, Hyunjin finally arrives at the stairs near the kitchen, spotting the barrels leading to the Hufflepuff dormitories.

"Felix Lee!" he calls out in a slightly hushed tone, "Felix hurry up before they close the entrance!" Hyunjin taps his hand impatiently against the wall, worried that the time has gone gone past 6 pm and that he's have to venture the restricted section alone.

There was a brief silence before a splat like someone had tripped before an "oomph" sound. The entrance opens, revealing a Felix Lee lying flat on his stomach, groaning in pain.

"Oooh..." Hyunjin grimaces, fist in his mouth. "Nasty fall?"

Felix rolls over to lie on his back. "I think I twisted my ankle."

Hyunjin makes a 'tch' sound sound before heaving the younger Hufflepuff off the floor. "Stop being insanely dramatic," Hyunjin tells him, dusting off the latter's shoulder.

"You do realise that by saying that you're being hypocritical, right?" Felix grumbles in return.

"A thank you would have been nice."

Felix laughs sheepishly and proceeds to say a quick thanks.

The two boys scurry out from the bottom of the stairs with quick steps - not without the voice of Kim Hongjoong telling Felix to stay safe, of course. Now, their goal is to reach the library without getting caught by patrolling teachers or prefects.

"Are you sure you've done this before?" Felix asks hesitantly, shivering at the sudden gust of wind blowing through the halls.

"Yeah," Hyunjin answers before pausing, "well, the furthest I've been to is the kitchen but going to the library shouldn't be that hard, right?"

"Like, why would any student go to the library after hours?" he continues with reasoning.

"Yujin will meet us there, yes?"

The Slytherin shrugs, "don't know. She never said anything to me."

"But I have a feeling she knows we'll be out," Hyunjin shrugs.