He doesn't really say anything, just stares at the ground with a stoic expression capturing his face. "Shinsou?"

"What?"

"Wanna take the water ink and use it to paint whiskers on each other?"

"....Maybe."

My grin widens and he cracks a smile, lazily glancing over at me, I tap the temple of his forehead with my knuckle and give the softest smile I can muster, "...we don't need those losers anyway. They're just jealous they aren't as smart and talented as you are."

Shinsou only rolls his eyes and ruffles my hair, "Come on, let's just go."

"Aye aye captain." I smile happily at him and start walking out, our arms still hooked together. I catch him glance down at it a happy smile brimming his lips and a small blush to tint his cheeks. It makes my smile widen. I like seeing him happy. Before exiting the classroom I toss the cloth in the trash, barely making it in. Doing a mini fist pump in the air I continue walking with  my arm linked with Shinsou's

I can't help but steal glances at him as we walk out of school, I ignore all the vicious looks towards the indigo haired boy and just walk with him. Shinsou Hitoshi and I have been friends since I protected him that day in kindergarten, I never really saw him as helpless and I still don't. I just have an urge to protect him all the time.

Protecting him constantly from fights and washing his desk from mean words made me only want to protect him more...and the more I wanted to, the more I wanted to protect other people as well, hence why I want to get into the hero business.

Shinsou also wants to go down that career path, his quirk- even if I don't like quirks that much- is very fascinating to me and I've never been scared. With a quirk called 'Brainwash' it'd send off some warning bells but I've never been scared like others have been.

Never once has he used his quirk on me and I've never been scared of him using it on me. So I never got why people were so terrified of him. They either pretended to be nice to him so he wouldn't brainwash them or whatever messed up things ran through their mind or they heckle him.

"We'll have to visit the gym or something to train for U.A." I hum out as we walk down the street together. He grunts, "Right...You aren't just entering cause I am right?" He eyes me, I laugh and shake my head, "No way, I have my own dreams too ya know." "Right." He rolls his eyes and continues walking with me towards our houses.

We still remain neighbours to this day with constant sleepovers, mainly at his house. Because his mom and dad are in love with me. They adore having me over, I can never usually have Shinsou over though because...

"YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" We both hear coming from my house, Glancing at it with an irritated expression I sigh heavily. Shinsou and I stop walking just staring at my house and listening. "WHY THE HELL ARE MY CAR KEY'S NOT ON THE COUNTER?!" My mother screeches at most likely my father.

Shinsou and I glance at each other with an 'oh shit' expression. "WHY DON'T YOU CHECK YOUR FUCKING PURSE?!" Yep, definitely my father. I open my mouth to speak but Shinsou just nods before I can say anything and drags me by my arm over to his house. I chew my lip and look at our feet.

They used to stop themselves when I was around, but now they do it whenever. That's why I can't really have Shinsou over because then his precious eardrums will be obliterated.

Shinsou opens his front door letting me inside, We both take off our shoes after shutting the front door, jokingly I call out, "Honey I'm home!" With that Mihoko Hitoshi comes zooming into the mudroom with a big smile on, "Y/n dear!" She practically squeals, making me laugh. "Hey, Mihoko. Cool if I stay here for a bit?" I tilt my head. She nods, "Yeah, that won't be a problem, you're always welcome."

"I'm feeling replaced," Shinsou says sarcastically. Mihoko walks over to her son and places a hand on the side of his head bringing his head closer so she can kiss his forehead. He glances at her with his tired eyes while a small toothy grin appears on his face making my heart melt a little.

He and his mom have always been close. Almost makes me envious

"Better Shinsou?" She rolls her eyes with a smile, ruffling his fluffy hair she lets go of him and starts walking towards the kitchen, "How was school you two?" Shinsou and I exchange glances, the most recent thing clear in our minds. At the start of the day, kids went as far as vandalizing the outside and his locker with their harsh book of words. I guess they got to his desk last.

"Fine," Shinsou mutters and starts walking towards the stairs. "Yeah it was ok, I'm just glad to be off finally." I follow behind Shinsou. Mihoko laughs, "Ok, well, go off you two! I'll make some snacks. Hajime should be back soon!" She calls after us.

Shinsou doesn't answer and just walks upstairs and into his room with me right at his feet. I glance around his room with a smile on my face, same as always. EraserHead posters covering almost all his walls, EraserHead figurines and anything EraserHead themed really was scattered around his room along with stacks of papers. I flop on to his comfy bed and glance at him as he sits in his swivel chair.

Shinsou snorts a bit, "Making yourself at home huh?" "YuuuP, I practically live here anyway." I grin at him. He smiles a little, "Yeah... don't you think it's a little weird though?" He leans back in his seat staring at me.

"Whatcha talkin' bout Shin?" I raise an eyebrow at the purple-haired boy, glancing away and scratching at the back of his neck he says, "Well we're going into high school..we aren't the same gender and we still have sleepovers. Don't you think if people found out they'd get the wrong idea?"

My cheeks flush, "Oooohhhh, it's not like we blurt it out to everyone though." I shrug but something hits me. Does he want to stop me from spending nights over here?

"Why? You wanna stop having sleepovers?" I peer at him hoping I can hide how concerned my eyes look. He scoffs, "No. it was just a question." I nod and let out a breath, "Gotcha..."

It's a little silent for a bit. But I don't mind, and I don't think he does either.

He never has.