33🖤.

•Hazel

"Baby put that girl down and come to bed." I chuckled, standing in the door of Sariyah's nursery. You would think he lives in there now. Sis done stole my man. I guess it's true, you can't have anything to yourself once you have kids.

"Five more minutes." I sighed.

"Okay... remember you still have me." He smiled.

"I ain't forgot about you baby."

"Yes you did, it's okay though." I wiped my pretend tears and walked out. Instead of going back to our room like I started to, I stood outside of the nursery. I know I should get a life and stop stalking them but hell, I can't get no time with either one of them.

"Your mama is a trip, isn't she?" Oop, the disrespect.

"Oh sorry, you don't want me talking about her? My bad, I didn't mean to. Do you love her as much as I do? Hmm?" No daddy, she don't even like me.

"Nah, you don't. Your heart isn't big enough yet so I got you beat. I love your mommy sooo much, not as much as I love you though. Shh, don't tell her. Imma treat your mama right, okay? I wanna show you and your sister how a man is supposed to treat you. Ro just gone have to see it with Hazel cause her mama be getting on my damn nerves sometimes."

I quietly laughed at his bluntness. It would've went way different if he was having this conversation with Ro. I peaked my head in there, noticing he paused. I couldn't help but smile as he rocked her, looking down at her lovingly. Even though she's not his first kid, I knew this was new for him. He watched my belly grow for seven and a half months. He talked to her everyday, formed an early bond. I know he doesn't love Sariyah more than Royalty but I do think there's a different connection.

"Okay, she sleep. You got me all to yourself." He climbed in the bed, kissing my cheek. Little does he know, I was standing there listening for the longest.

"What y'all was talking bout?" He shrugged, shaking his head.

"She did most of the talking." I laughed

"Shut the fuck up."

"What did your mama tell you about unnecessary cursing?"

"Karen don't tell me what to do, that's the thing."

"Alright, say it to her face."

"I'm good."

"Exactly" He nodded, taking the remote out of my hand. Normally I would fuss but I like him pretty good tonight.

"Baby?"

"Wassup?"

"I'm really a mommy." He looked over at me and smiled.

"You are. How does it feel?" I took a deep, happy breath.

"It feels amazing. Like I really carried that little beautiful human inside of me and gave her life. She's really a product of Hazel and Chris. I feel like the first woman to ever have a baby." He laughed

"Well i'm glad you feel that way about it. I'm happy too, she barely two months old and she's brightened my life so much. I feel like I owe you something for having her."

"She's the gift." I laughed.

"She's definitely a gift. I really got two daughters man, how blessed am I? Like there's really gonna be a point in time where I say, well my oldest daughter... Or, my youngest daughter..."