Chapter 1

Aaron for once in our job can we not fight? I ask Aaron as we are heading to the board meeting with Charlie.

Well, we will see can you not be so fuckin annoying? Aaron asks me as I glare at him.

I'm annoying? I ask Aaron as we are standing at the door while Charlie is talking to this guy named Seth.

Yes. Now, will you stop the board meeting is about to start? Aaron says as Charlie starts talking to Tom Kirkman.

I'm sure you remember Aaron Shore and Samantha Rhodes, my Deputy's Chief of Staff. Charlie says as he enters the room while Aaron and I wait for the two to come in one who happens to be my sister.

Aaron, Samantha good to see you. Tom says as he shakes both of our hands before Aaron and I say "Mr. Secretary" then we glare at eachother for saying that at the same time while Tom laughs at us.

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say you're not here to discuss which tie the President is wearing tonight. Charlie says as he sits down and I come through the door ready to sit down with Aaron behind be closing the door behind him.

That is his call... if he'll put back in the Secretary's housing initiatives. These are programs that can help million's of low-income families. My sister Emily says to Charlie.

No one's debating it's value here, Emily. Aaron says as he leans back into his chair while I do it a classier way.

Charlie, there's not a single mention of any of my programs in the speech tonight? Not a one? Tom asks Charlie.

I'm sorry but that's how it's gonna be. The speech is locked. Charlie says to Tom as Aaron and I listen.

Does the President value the Secretary's opinion, Charlie? Because right now it's hard to tell. Emily asks.

Em. Tom says.

Give us a moment. Charlie says to Aaron and me.

I'll meet you outside. Tom whispers to Emily as I am out the door and Aaron is waiting for Emily.

Samantha, can I talk to you? Emily asks me as I try to walk away from her and Aaron.

What do you want Emily? I ask as I turn to face Emily as Aaron walks to my side ready to go to our office.

How are you? Emily asks as she tries to come closer to me. 

I'm fine. Very busy so if you excuse us we have some work to do. I say as I grasp onto Aaron's arm and drag him to our office.

What was that all about? Aaron asks as we walk towards the office.

Emily and I have a bad relationship and I don't want to talk to her. I say as I let go of Aaron's arm and walk into our office.

Is that gonna affect the job? Asked Aaron as he shuts the door so we can have some privacy.

No, and I would rather not talk about it. I say as I start working.

13 hours later...

Okay, so how are we gonna do this? I ask as Aaron and I make our way to the area Tom will be.

We work together and we just get this done. Aaron says as he takes my arm and drags me to Tom.

Sir, please. I say as I take out my hand towards Tom as Aaron in standing next to me.

Sir, please. Aaron says doing the same thing next to me.

Ma'am, please hold the Bible. The lady says as Aaron and I take out our phones for pictures.