Blade That Was Broken

Ella was woken up by the strange ghostly sounds, yet her eyesight was still dark. She couldn't really move much either, and she realized she was wrapped in a spider web. Ella grunted as loud as she could while she tried to break free of the web. A few minutes of trying later, someone fell on her, loosening her from the web and they fell to the ground. They didn't waste time crying in pain and quickly tried to wiggle and wriggle free of the cocoons.

Once hatched, they all attempted to run away in one direction, but were quickly swarmed by giant spiders. Equally fast, the dwarves were ready to fight, swinging their swords and axes and bodies at the creatures. They all fought with all their might, killing the spiders in different ways. Once they were certain there would be no more, Thorin called them forward, only to be met by another spider.

Thorin, being the first in line, would have attacked had he not been distracted by the elves. The blonde one swung down the spider's web and heroically killed it, instantly after pointing his weapon at the dwarf king. In shock of all that had happened -especially the arrival of the boy in front of her- Ellie gasped and her hand reflexively went to her throat, only now noticing her necklace lost.

A whole elf guard surrounded them, thoroughly confiscating all their weapons. It was amusing to watch an elf spending an eternity on Fili alone, pulling out knives and daggers from every nook and cranny. Kili had joined them too, having been rescued by an ellith. The blonde elf examined Thorin's sword and did not take his word for how the dwarf had come across it.

Legolas -she knew his name in her soul, with her every breath- ordered the guard to take the dwarves to the king, and the elves pushed their captives on. Someone noticed Bilbo missing but Ellie was too far gone to care. These elves pushed her up paths she had walked long before any of them had been born. They crossed the bridge over the river and to the Woodland halls, which she herself had designed years ago.

Inside though, felt cold to her; no warm, homely feeling to be found here. The design of the castle had been altered; very technical and uninviting. They finally reached the king's court at last and Ellie heard the gasp that left the king's mouth. Had she looked up, she would have seen the look of ghastly shock on his face.

"Throw them in the dungeons!" Thranduil ordered. Every atom of her being and her soul knew his name.

The guards came to collect the dwarves and two had come to collect Thorin and Ellie but the king stopped them.

"Not those two." He pointed clearly at them with his staff.

The guards rough handled the two and shoved them to the floor. Thranduil gasped in pain when Ellie did.

The king descended his throne and came toward them.

"Are you alright?'' Thranduil's voice almost broke as he leaned down to her.

"As fine as I'll be, my lord."

"Why?" Thranduil whispered at her.

"I should be asking you. Why! Why won't you help? Those Ungoliants would not have gotten far if you would dare send-"

"Enough! I will not have a prisoner question my authority. Take her with the rest!"

Guards took her away and Ellie didn't dare struggle, heartbroken. The elf tossed her into a cell and locked the door, beyond which Ellie regained her normal appearance. Agonizing minutes passed and the dwarves grew restless. Their only hope lay with Thorin, but even he was brought into the dungeons a while after.

"A deal was our only hope." Balin regretfully said but Bilbo corrected him.

"Not our only hope." He said smiling outside of Thorin's door.