↬ Baby Kicks

Jaebum:

You settled into the arms of your husband, who was softly humming to Lullaby while stroking your hair. You looked out the window, which were splattered with droplets of water. The street was mostly isolated; the bus stops crowded with people holding umbrellas in a hurry to return home and cars occasionally passing by and splashing the sidewalks with a stream of water. The skies were a gloomy dark grey; the rumbling of thunder in the distance as lightening struck causing you to squeal in a not so lady-like way. Jaebum held you closer and placed a kiss on your cheeks.

''It's just thunder jagi.'' He mused. ''I am scared of loud noises, especially thunder.'' You replied in a small voice. Right at that moment, the lights flickered unevenly and then poof, pitching the room into darkness. ''The electricity pole must have been damaged.'' Jaebum frowned. You turned on the flashlight function on your phone, shining the light onto your husband's face. ''Hold on jagi, let me go grab the candles.'' 

You lit the candle, eyes fixated on the fire orb that seemed to glow brightly in the dark room. The aroma of a dozen miniature rose scented candles were prominent in the bedroom. You snuggled closer to Jaebum, hands caressing your growing bump. His arms were wrapped around your waist, pulling your small figure to his bigger one. (Jaebum stans, are ya'll alright?) He smiled to himself, relaxing under your presence. You drifted off to sleep, your eyelids fluttering shut until they concealed the darkness of the room.

Jaebum looked down at your sleeping face, admiring the little features that made his heart beat so fast every time he looked at you. Your head was tilted to the side, your lips partially closed like the petals of a rose. ''I love you so much jagi, and you too baby.'' He whispered, setting a hand onto your belly. The only sound emitting from the room was your steady breathing and Jaebum scribbling down lyrics. He had inspiration to come up with lyrics for his mixtape from the rain scene outside and he didn't want to lose his sudden motivation. 

He sat there for awhile, pondering on explicit words he could use when he felt a small flutter on his hand. His eyes widened, did the baby just kicked for its first time? You must have woken up by the baby's movement because you sat up, rubbing your eyes sleepily. ''What was that?'' You mumbled. ''The baby kicked!'' Jaebum exclaimed. When you felt a harder thump on the left side of your belly, you gasped in realization. ''Woah.'' You said softly. ''When did the kicking start?'' He asked curiously. ''The baby haven't kicked at all until today.'' You giggled. You two continued to be amazed by your little baby's antics until Jaebum stifled a tired yawn. ''Come be my little spoon.'' He said sleepily. You obliged and laid yourself on the side, legs curled up. Jaebum soon fell asleep as well, hands never leaving your belly the entire night.

Jinyoung:

You turned on the TV, switching the current channel onto Mnet where JinJiDo was interviewing the other groups. You picked up the vacuum cleaner stored neatly in the compartment under the stairs and started cleaning the dust off the carpet. You were just busy in your own world, humming to yourself and finishing up your chores when the beginning of Eclipse started to play. Your attention diverted to the screen, watching the 7 boys curiously as they perform their flawless choreography. Although it was prerecorded and the boys weren't actually live performing, they were still singing stably with the difficult dance. As Jinyoung started the chorus, you felt a sudden flutter on the side of your hips. (Jinyoung sounds like an angel when he sings and I can't get enough of it. This man right here has ruined my now non existent bias list)

You set a hand on your belly and rubbed it gently. ''Eomma likes appa's voice too.'' You said softly. You confirmed that the flutters you felt were kicks when you felt another hard thump on your side. When the show finished, you turned on your speakers, changing the song to Hard Carry and singing along with the member's parts. You didn't notice when Jinyoung returned home from vocal practice, a wide smile spread on his face as he watch you bop to Teenager. He leaned on the doorway wordlessly, watching you dance until you did a spin and spot him.