☆ seventeen ☆

eddie giggled as he walked out of the movie theater, walking next to the taller boy. "the movie fuckin sucked chee! you dummy! why would you pick that?" he laughed, looking up as the taller boy rolled his eyes.

"it wasn't even that bad! you just have bad taste!" richie scoffed, wrapping his arm around eddie as they walked out of the building.

"sorry richie! i didn't mean to hurt your feewings." he pouted, sticking out his bottom. richie rolled his eyes once again, causing eddie to grin.

"where should we go next? wanna go back to my house?" richie asked, changing the subject. eddie shook his head before sighing. "i need to go home rich, el is probably gonna be mad at me and my moms gonna be even more mad."

richie sighed but nodded, starting to walk to eddies house. after a few minutes of walking in uncomfortable silence, eddie stopped walking and turned to richie.

"my legs hurt." he said, holding out his arms and doing grabby hands. richie smiled softly, gently picking up the delicate boy.

.

once the boys got to eddie house and they both said their goodbyes, eddie stared at the door. he was so afraid of his mother, she probably filed a missing person report since he didn't come home. all these thoughts were going through eddies head before he opened the door, walking in and trying not to make eye contact with his mother.

"eddie?" his mother spoke, getting up from her seat. "eddie bear? darlin! where were you?" eddie stopped walking, looking down at his feet.

"i was, uhm. at a friends house mama. i'm sorry. i should've called." he frowned, looking down. that just caused her to get more angry, so she grabbed eddie face and forced him to look at her.

"i know you're lying, eddie. el already tried sticking up for you." she growled, holding her hand tightly on eddies face causing the small boys jaw to ache.

"m-mama please. i'm s-sorry. that's all that happened." he cried out, trying to pull his moms hand away but she didn't even budge.

"mommy please!" then sonia let go, walking back to her seat. "if we can, we're going to the hospital tomorrow and seeing what's wrong with you. i got a call from the school earlier saying you weren't there. i don't know what has gotten into you eddie, but i will help you get better."

eddie rolled his eyes, rubbing his jaw. he then quickly turned around, going to him and el's room. "hey, i'm back." the small boy said as the door swung open when he walked in.

"eddie!" el grinned, getting up off the bed and hugging the boy. "where the fuck were you? i was so worried. i tried contacting you until like eight last night but mom made me sleep." she groaned, falling back on her bed as the door slammed shut.

"sorry, i was busy." he responded dryly, setting down the bags of things him and richie got. "watcha got?" el asked, turning on her stomach and looking at her brother.

"none of your business." he rolled his eyes, sticking out his tongue.

"none of your business!" she said in a shitty annoying voice, copying eddie by rolling her eyes and sticking out her tongue.

"seriously, what did ya get?" she asked before looking at the bag, causing it to fly towards her. "el stop! it's none of your business!" he yelled, running to el and wrestling with her to get the bag.

el giggled, holding the bag up in the air so he probably couldn't reach. "haha-" eddie then jumped up, almost grabbing the bag. el then ran out of the room, holding the bag tightly before running right into her mom holding pills for the twins.

shit.

"eddie! elanor! what is this?" she asked setting down the pills then snatching the bag from el. she pulled out the two skirts and the sweatshirt, raising her eyebrow.

"i got it for el, ma." eddie blurred out, looking down at his feet.

"eddie, darlin, you got them way too small. these aren't gonna fit elanor's fat body."

eddie furrowed his eyebrows, looking up at his mom while el fiddled with her hands. their mom did this a lot, if anything el probably needed to eat more, but their mom liked to make the twins believe they needed to constantly eat less and go on diets.

"she is not fat! she looks perfectly fine!" eddie yelled, stomping his foot before crossing his arms and marching into his room.