Chapter 2

***

                                                                                   Emily Alabaster

I wake up screaming, with tiny beads of sweat across my forehead. I'm clutching onto my sheets, my breathing is uneven. Tears are pouring, I can barely keep my eyes. I slowly sit up and pull my legs to my chest. Steadily, I rock back and forth, trying to forget. It's been 7 horrid years since the incident. My nightmares get worse with time, I sigh. My head falls to my hands, "I'm so sorry"

A slight knock comes to the door along with a gentle voice. "Miss, may I enter?" they question. I quickly wipe my tears then proceed to say "yes". The creek of the doorknob breaks the silence while I turn on my lamp. I turn to my visitor, it's my butler James.

"Miss Emily, are you alright?" I nodded trying not to make eye contact. I couldn't do it so our eyes met. At that point we both laughed, knowing who I am.

"I know when you're not alright, I've been working with your family since you were born," he gives a slight smile. His smile gives me a sense of security, thus I give in. "I was just having that nightmare again," my gaze lowers to the floor.

"Ah, that night," he slowly nods while reaching into his pocket. "You might need these then," James tosses my medication, "I assumed you may have forgotten, due to the stress at work"

He knows me too well, it's not exactly his fault. I force myself to forget the past, old memories. That causes me to lose my mind in the process, and he has been there. He's seen me crumble, to tiny pieces. When I strictly advised being alone he stood by my side. At first, I thought it was a pity, for a woman who can't deal with her problems.

My gaze returned to him, "Thanks" I grab the water from the nightstand, then took the pills.

"Hey, James what time is it?"

He glances at his watch, "it's 8:32 a.m." I slightly nod. I have to get to my appointment with my therapist, "I'll be down in 5 minutes" He bows and exits the room.

My gaze goes to the left side of the bed, I feel a sudden ping in my heart. Before I could stop the feeling, a tear falls while a silent sob escapes my lips. My hands go to cover my mouth, my issues shouldn't bother other people. "I'm...so so so-sorry" I sobbed.

I take a deep breath and eventually slipped out of bed, then head to the bathroom. I attempt to wash my face as if anything happened, but it didn't work well. I quickly put on my robe, next I headed downstairs into the dining room.

As I enter the hall I hear a slight shuffling on the other side. The maids are all in a line as they come into view.

At once they bow "Good morning Ms.Alabaster." I smile a bit, they do take their job seriously.

"Good heavens, I know you guys personally. Now please it's just Emily, and no need to bow" I laughed, even after all these years they treat me so well, even when I'm a handful. My gaze returns to the table, I hear slight giggles behind me.

James pours a huge mug of coffee, something I'll never get tired of. It keeps me up and keeps me going but I do get crazy sometimes. He sets down a platter of food, which I will gladly devour. However, I almost forgot about my appointment.

"James, is there anything that I can consume in 10 seconds?" I ask. His brows furrow, "Is everything okay?" I look up to see his face full of concern. I use to skip meals because I had work to do. It got to a very unhealthy amount where I had landed in the hospital for malnourishment.

"Remember I have my therapy today" I sigh. "Miss Emily?" James says while looking at his watch.

"Yes?" I answer while I was looking up. However, I wasn't paying attention because I was eyeing my coffee.

"It's 8:55" he responds. I slowly nod my head, still ogling my caffeinated goodness in front of me. The realization hit me like a bus.

"IT'S 8:55, I AM GOING TO BE LATE" I suddenly jump out of my seat, causing everyone in the room to flinch. I apologize whilst jetting upstairs to my room. I throw open my closet doors and pull out a pair of jeans. I put them on, and grab my blouse. I stumble down the stairs with one boot on. I grab my keys and jump to put my other shoe on.

"How about breakfast?" James says catching me at the door before I leave. He hands my purse at the door.

"I'll just get something on the way" I state. He gives me a worried look, he doesn't believe me. "I promise I won't skip" I smile reassuringly. He sighs deeply and gives me a nod. I opened my car and hop into the front seat, then put my sunglasses on.

The car starts and I rush through New York traffic, and my god it's the worst. I need to get to this appointment, my doctor already thinks I should stop working so I can take a break. I don't need a break, my job may be stressful but I enjoy it. If I'm late she'll make me take an emergency stop, which isn't needed. I'm only 5 minutes from the office when my stomach rumbles loud.

"Dang body, why do you have to be greedy" I groan and stop the car in front of a shop. I already have a horrible headache from the morning, this just makes it worse. I noticed a cafe a few shops ahead of me, I quickly walk purse in hand. I stop when I approach the cafe's entrance.

"Hm, Rosie's, this seems like a nice place to get coffee" well, that was far from the truth.     

                                                                                          ***

A/N: lol so i'll post everything I have so far, it may not be a lot tho. I have school starting soon, kill me please. In the morning the ride is 45 minutes, so I can type a bit there. However I'm on the volleyball team so that'll make me tired. (At this moment I can't feel my legs) I'm also taking classes that are advanced, BIG WOOP FOR ME. That's enough of me talking your ears off, or should I say writing;))) alright sorry, I can see the cringe face from the screen, 

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

till next time,

 xoxo H.S<3