chapter 47

Everybody fell silent. The reporter who was bribed by Xifeng felt cold sweats on his back. Proof? He doesn't have any....

He was just here to make things difficult for her. How can he have any proof?

The crowd who were shouting that they wanted justice for Xifeng also fell silent. It was only a post, nobody had any proof regarding the matter.

Gathering all his courage the reporter replied, " No Miss Li. I don't have any proof. "

Li Xiaolu smiled looking at everyone, " When something is posted online, as a reported your work is to inspect whether it is the truth or not. You work is to bring the truth to people and not mislead them. "

What Li Xiaolu said was correct. Every reported present felt like they have been just slapped.

They were making a big fuss merely on a post which was without any proof. Wasn't it utterly ridiculous on their part?

"Miss Li, you say you have got the role because of your talent? Then do you have any proof for that? " he fired back.

"Then should I act infront of everybody, to prove my point? " Li Xiaolu asked.

The reported shook his head, "No Miss Li. I am sure you are talented and can act really well. But can a newbie's acting be better than an experienced actor? " he questioned.

"If you don't want me to act infornt of anybody then what do you want me to do? " she asked.

"Miss Li we want to see the audition tape. The truth will eventually come to light once the audition tape gets played... " The reporter said whatever Xifeng had told him to say.

"Yes Miss Li, play the audition tape. Everyone wants to see want was it that made the judges select you for this role? "

"Li Xiaolu show us the audition tape. After seeing it, everyone will get to know whether that post was true or not..."

Everyone was demanding for the audition tape to be played. They were curious to see her audition video. Is her acting really good than Miss Xifeng?

"The audition tape? " Li Xiaolu asked in a hesitating voice.

Seeing her hesitating a little, the reporter felt glad. Xifeng had informed him about the destroyed audition tape and hence he mentioned it.

Xifeng smirked looking at the crownd. Now what are you going to do Li Xiaolu? The audition tape is destroyed, what are you going to show them?

You should have never messed with me, Li Xiaolu. Now be ready to face all the humiliation that is going to come your way.

You are just a rookie but I have been in this industry longer that you. You are nothing compared to me...

So what if you have Yang Mi and the Marvellous Universe as your support. Can they bring back the destroyed audition tape?

"Miss Li are you not going to show us the audition tape? " the reporter asked seeing that Li Xiaolu was just calmly sitting without doing anything. Why is she so calm?

"Actually - " Li Xiaolu was saying something when the reporter harshly interrupted her.

"And Miss Li please don't give us any excuse for not showing the auditine tape. Today, everyone wants to see the audition tape. "

"Show us the audition tape... "

"We want to see the audition tape... "

Li Xiaolu smiled raising her eyebrow at the reporter, " Who told you that I am not going to show you the audition tape? Everyone wants to see my audition tape then I'll play it for you"

She motioned Yang Mi and the latter called two guards to set up the projection screen. Before the video was about to play Yang Mi took the mike from Li Xiaolu's hands.

Glarring at everyone, specially the bribed reported she said, "Before playing the video, I would like to say something. Li Xiaolu is my artist. And any artist working under Marvellous Universe doesn't need to show their power or sleep with someone to get the role. "

"Every artist we have is talented and hardworking. Before saying something about others, you should first verify if it is the truth or not... "

Then she glanced at Xifeng and smirked, "Also nobody from Marvellous Universe is that easy to bully. I hope thst the one who posted that nasty thing online, will keep this in mind "

"Now you can play the video... " Yang Mi said and stood next to Li Xiaolu.

Dumbfounded, Xifeng looked at the blank screen. Wasn't the audition tape destroyed? Then what are they going to show us?

Just now when Yang Mi looked at her, Xifeng felt goosebumps over all her body. Do they know that I was behind all of this?

Thinking about everything she couldn't help but shiver. Do they really have the audition tape?

Narrowing her eyes, she looked at the screen and humphed. So what? Even if they show us the audition tape, I don't think a newbie can do better than me?

As the video started playing, everybody looked at the screen with great excitement.