1. I believe Salvador Dalí is a crazy genius, but I obsolutely love his work - Surrealism
2. The only Knock-knock joke I like is the one told by Tom Hanks in "Catch me if you can"...
Go @#$? yourself
3. Whenever people says "The grass is greener on the other side." I like to think they're talking about my lawn. lol
4. I often wonder about the people on the 14th floor who didn't want to be on the 13th. Do they know?
5. I broke a wooden chair across a bully's back in class, I was 15. He bothered my friend none-stop. I'm still proud of it, but I highly discourage this behavior. Funny thing, he later became a cop.
6. I take tons of photos and keep them in my camera. I kept thinking that some day I'll back them up in an orderly manner.
7. I absolutely love the lyrics in this ABBA song - "Move on." check out the lyrics before listening to the song, if you havn't already done so.
8. I believe movies must be watched in full surround, TV's should be made without speakers.
9. I adore the colours of fall and the cool weather that accompanies the falling leaves.
10. Some of my preferred movies: The Shawshank Redemption, Saving Private Ryan, The Silence of the Lambs, Platoon, Scarface, The Godfather, Schindler's List, Gladiator, The Color Purple, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, To sir with love
11. I believe politicians should have six months to start putting their promises into action, or they're out. Move up the runner-up under the same terms. We only get three months to do the same on a new job.
12. Music must be on whenever I'm working, I have no preferences.
13. I believe all children should have the opporitunity to attend college or university after high school.
14. The speed limit on the highway should be 140 km. Everyone passes me even at that speed.
15. I believe artists should be putting on concerts for Ebola in Africa as the did for Haiti a few years ago.
16. My journey started many years ago, far away from Canada where I now call my home. Four and a half hours in the sky, over the open sea. Somewhere warm, friendly and colorful. A place where the change of seasons doesn't require a change of your wardrobe, a place where flowers bloom and robins sing all year round. A place where our motto is: "Out of many, one people," a place where the common man's motto is: "No problem." I'm from the beautiful Island of Jamaica.
17. A few months ago I went to Jamaica for a wedding and decided to make a vacation out of this trip, as I had no idea when my next visit would be. I hooked up with some of my friends who came down from Canada and visited this little place in St. Elizabeth they frequently talked about - "Little Ochie." One of the best places for steamed or fried fish, crab legs, festival and bammy.
This spot in "Little Ochie" is located on the edge of the beach with background music, view of fishermen hauling in their catch, superb service and you do get to pick your own fish. I really enjoy going back home sometimes to chill like this, always great fun.
18.On my morning commute I often stop by the coffee shop close to my home to grab myself a coffee. The servers are usually friendly and polite. Almost ever morning the same girl would hand me my coffee with her same pleasant smile followed by "have a great day!"
I joked with her once saying "I hope you're not still here after the summer holiday." I joked.
She smiled and said, "You won't, I'll be going back to school in September." She read my mind, the kind of answer I was looking for.
I stopped by one morning late September, and she was gone. I smiled when I realized that she was no longer working at the coffee shop, and then she faded from my conscientiousness.
A few weeks later I was on my way to a meeting that took me off my regular route. I stopped at the same coffee shop franchise and the same girl, wearing the same beautiful smile, served me my coffee. She told me that she got into university but couldn't afford to go.
I was very disappointed to hear that she was unable to follow her dream.
*Not sure if this is about me
19. I drove from Toronto to Disneyland a few years ago, we spent a day at Kennedy Space Center where I took hundreds of pictures. When I went back to our hotel room and downloaded the pictures to my computer, then deleted the images from the memory card to fit more pics.
Later that night I popped open and turned on my laptop to review my beautiful pictures of everything NASA. No pictures, I scrambled through all my folders on my desktop, nothing, back to the memory card. No photos. They were gone, disappeared, nowhere to be found.
The following morning I drove over three hours back to Kennedy Space Center just to take my pictures all over again. Fortunately for us the tickets were stamped for another visit.
20. One of my favorite quotes: "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." - Maya Angelou
Thanks for taking the time to read 20 facts about me. This exercise was a bit frightening, yet fun.
YOU ARE READING
Tagged! I'm it!Short Story
I was tagged by LouAnn (lkrice), challenged to share 20 facts about myself. So I braved up and decided to go for it. I have to say, this exercise was a bit frightening, yet fun. Let me know what you think.