Chapter 13- Cover Up

I stood there, Trespassing in some neighbours pool, with Sam's lips against mine and his hands on my hips while the police were probably arresting people over the other side of the fence, I was in shock, I didn't know whether to be happy or completely and utterly freaked out. I pulled away from him after seconds of our lips being in contact. I could already feel the awkwardness building between us, 
"W-what.. W-hat.. Just happened..?" I finally stuttered out after minutes of just staring at each other and feeling like complete idiots. His cheeks turned red in colour and I could feel mine were too.

"I'm sorry.. I just.. I don't even know what took over me.." He mumbled awkwardly, looking down at the water elite by blue pool lights. 
"I-It's okay.. I guess.." I felt like i was going to be sick, I didn't know whether it was from all three drinks I had or the awkwardness. I don't think you understand how awkward this situation was, Think of the most awkward situation and times it by 10, that's pretty awkward.

"You guess..?" He said softly
"I mean- I just- I don't even know.. I'm confusing myself" I placed my hand on my forehead and closed my eyes. the next thing I know, everything went black.

I few hours later I was awoken by my mothers soothing voice near my ear, I had no idea where I was. I opened my eyes slowly to see I was back home, in my bed. Mum was knelt down next to me with a very concerned motherly looked on her face, I groaned and sat up slowly 
"Destiny.." she said with a relieved tone,
"Mum..?" She smiled slightly and pushed my shoulders back down so I was once again flat on my back.

"What happened..?" I mumbled as I felt a warm cloth land on my forehead,
"You tripped and hit your head.." I heard a familiar voice say from the other side of the room, I looked over to see Sam standing there. He winked at me letting me know that he was covering for me. He knew my parents would murder me if they found out that I had been out drinking! it was only three beers but it was enough to get my grounded for eternity.

"I was so worried, my first thought was to take you to the hospital but your father said not to stress about it and see how you feel when you wake up" I shut my eyes lightly as I headache started to form above my right eyebrow. Was I experiencing a hangover? 
"so.. How are you feeling?" She asked,
"I fell gross.."
"Gross how?!"
"I mean I feel sick.. calm down mum" she put a hand on her chest and sighed in relief

"She was dancing and she dripped on her own feet.." He chuckled slightly
"uh.. yeah.. sure" I mumbled knowing that the story he was telling was completely false.
"It was those shoes.. I knew I should've told you to wear flat shoes.." Mum mumbled under her breath to herself.

"how about you go get her some chicken soup.." Sam suggested looking over at my mum, She nodded and stood up slowly, leaving the room silently, He walked over to me with folded arms.
"Okay, now tell me, what actually happened?" He laughed and looked down at me,
"You kind off passed out" I placed my hand on my head and groaned loudly once again.
"My head hurts.." He laughed and sat at the end of the bed.

"I save you from drowning after you pass out from being at a party that you lied to your parents about, then took you home and made up a whole story to tell your parents so you wouldn't get into trouble and all you have to say is 'my head hurts'?" I let out a sigh
"Thank you.."
"What was that, sorry i couldn't hear you?"
"I said thank you.."
"What..? once more, i didn't get that" He cupped his left ear and lent towards me. 
"Thank you!" I said with a little more life in my voice,
"Like you mean it!"
"Oh Thank you so much Sam!" He chuckled and brushed his shoulders off with the back of his hand.

"that's what I thought.." He then popped his collar and smirked, I shook my head
"Never.. and I mean Never! do that again.." He laughed as I shut my eyes lightly once more. The sound of my door clicking open once more made me jump, Mum stood there with a bowl of chicken soup in her hands, she placed it on my lap gently.
"Thanks mum.. But i'm actually not hungry.." I said weakly looking down at the bowl of soup in-front of me. Mum sighed and took the bowl away from me,
"It'lls be downstairs if you get hungry later" she left the room with her head down.

I sometimes felt sorry for my mother, she always worried to much about every little thing, once she read in a baby book that when your child starts growing teeth it's best if you brush their teeth with a wet cloth, but when I was born she went straight to a soft toothbrush, she freaked out and thought she had ruined my teeth forever.

"Well I guess I should get going so you can rest up, I mean, there is school tomorrow and you don't want to ruin your perfect attendance do you?" He chuckled quietly before pulling the blankets up to my chin and smiling at me. I heard the door click shut and rolled onto my side. My head was thumping and my stomach was churning, I didn't like the feeling at all.

I couldn't help but notice how Sam acted, he acted like that kiss in the swimming pool never happened. Maybe he thought that once I passed out I had forgotten everything that had happened that night. I was laying in bed all night wide awake, I couldn't sleep, there was just so much going through my head. I tossed and turned until about 1am when I decided to get up and grab myself a drink of water.

"So.. was that the boy you got all dressed up for..?" Mum asked when she saw me tip toeing down the stairs,
"Who? Sam? NO!" I could tell mum wanted details about the party and I was in no mood to do so.
"Is that his name..? Sam?" I shook my head as I walked into the kitchen
"That boy that was here tonight is Sam, but the guy I likes name isn't Sam"
"Well who is then?"
"Nobody.."
"Come on! tell me! you can trust me! I'm your mother!"
"and that's why I am not going to tell you" I grabbed a glass, filling it to the top with water and taking small sips.

"Please tell me! please please please!" She got on her hands and knees and literally begged, I rolled my eyes
"Mum you're embarrassing yourself"
"TELL ME!"
"His Name is.. Trouble" I paused, that was the first name that came to my head, I didn't even think, My mouth moved before my brain did.

For some reason.. I didn't feel like I was lying to my mother at all when I told her I liked Trouble, I didn't feel that rage of guilt in my stomach that I normally feel after I lie.. Did I like Trouble..? No I couldn't.. could I?