.𝙞𝙞.𝙪𝙣𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙣.

✧˖°˖✧˖°˖✧
((Art done by CHEES on MediBang ❤️❤️))

✧˖°˖✧˖°˖✧

word count: 0.7 K

((it's low for a reason))

song of the chapter:

weak ; ajr

✧˖°˖✧˖°˖✧

~𝙉𝙤𝙫𝙖!~

"𝘋𝘢𝘥, 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵?" Nova arched an eyebrow as he entered his father's office, brushing himself off and messing with his papers as he let out a sigh, jabbing his thumb in the direction of the doors. "He seems pretty upset."

Quentin let out a small sigh, rubbing the area between his eyebrows roughly as he closed his eyes, sighing, but forcing a smile onto his lips for his son. "No one, Nova. It's another inventor...I've gotten that idea multiple times now, you know, the one he was trying to propose to me?"

Nova arched an eyebrow, setting the papers on the oak wood desk as he sat down, pulling a pen out of the pen holder and scribbling a few sentences on a fresh sheet of paper, pushing the others towards his father. "What was the idea? The scalpel and healing station, or the idea to have a set of your Mysterio armor, powers and all, at major cities around the world?"

The billionaire groaned at the second one, chuckling as he pulled the papers towards him, picking up a pen and leaning forwards. "Nova, we've been through this, we don't need a suit of armor around the world! He wanted the healing systems, I think he took it to heart unfortunately..."

Nova let out a huff and leaned back in his chair, running a hand through his raven black hair as he messed with the cuffs of his jacket. "I think we do. They're both good ideas...but I know you already have a maker for the healing."

Quentin nodded, sighing off on all the papers silently and pushing them towards Nova, opening his laptop and typing away, a small smirk playing on his lips. "You ready for your 21'st birthday party tomorrow, kid?"

Nova's crystal eyes shot up to his father, and he let out a blissfully happy laugh, leaping up from his chair and running around to Quentin as he hugged him tightly. "Really? I can have it here in the tower? Thank you, thank you, thank you, Dad!"

Quentin let out a chuckle, reaching up and patting Nova's shoulder affectionately as he let out a shaky sigh, his eyes filling with tears.

Nova didn't fail to notice that, however, and he leaned back, letting out a small laugh and a sigh. "Oh, dad, don't tell me you're getting emotional now because i'm turning twenty-one..." He pulled his arms away, straightening up his blazer as he watched his father brush away tears, and he realized something as he tapped on Quentin's laptop.

"Hey, dad, can I use the laptop to see something real quick?" Quentin nodded, and he pushed it to the side, Nova quickly opening up the security cam tab and flipping back ten minutes on the camera in his dad's office.

He wanted to see what exactly went down with his father and that boy who stormed out earlier.

He clicked on a clip, sitting back in his chair a bit as he rested his elbows on his knees, placing his chin in his hands as he studied the footage.

Nova winced as he looked at Peter's hands gripping into his hair, brushing his fingers over the laptop screen with a concerned look in his eyes, glancing at his father before he noticed Peter's tie on the floor.

"Father...you might want to check on him? See if he's okay? He doesn't seem right in the head now, I feel like he might have snapped."

Quentin looked at Nova with a disinterested look in his eyes, waving at him a bit before he sighed, pulling his laptop back towards him. "If you want to, kid. I've dealt with amateur inventors like him before. It's the same with every single one. They're upset their fifth, first, whatever-number idea didn't work."

Nova let out a frustrated groan, rubbing his temples with his thumb and index finger before he got up, walking towards the door.

"I'll see you at the party tomorrow, father. Goodbye."

And with that, Nova headed to his room, determined to track down the boy with the brown hair and insane eyes.

✧˖°˖✧˖°˖✧

it's p short because I need room for the 1.5k+ words chapter coming up after the next one for Nova's birthday party :))))

Chapters will flip between Nova's third person view and Peter's third person view until,,, :)

hope you enjoyed,

~lily <3