"I'm sorry."

"I said don't say sorry."

I bit the side of my cheeks to stop myself from saying sorry again because I said sorry. I heard him sigh. His face was blank but there's something about how his eyes bore in me that makes me fidget in my seat. "I... really had fun tonight... uhh... I think I have to go inside now so you can go on your way. Thank you T – Travis. Drive safely – "

My next words were caught in the air when pulled me by the neck and crushed lips to mine. It happened too fast. My eyes were wide from the shock. He pulled his head slightly away his eyes droop a little as he leaned closer again to kiss me. This time I let my eyes close and savor it. He lightly swept his tongue between my lips, kissing me slow and sensuously. I was long gone as I surrendered to the bliss his kisses had brought me.

He broke the kiss and we stared at each other. I drew a deep, unsteady breath trying to regain my sanity. Mr. Travis Monterro just kissed me. And I liked it.

As I laid in bed, my fingers traced my lips. I can't believe we actually kissed! It was like I can still feel his lips on mine. I hugged my pillow and shrieked with excitement. I feel like jumping up and down on my bed but stopped myself from doing so. What is wrong with me! It's just a kiss and it meant nothing! I told myself as I try to suppress the bubble of joy growing in my chest.

However, that kiss totally messed up with my system. I tossed and turned all night. Hence, my growing headache and bags under my eyes.

After getting disappointed with how horrible I look in the mirror I flopped back down to bed. My mind drifting back to what his grandmother told me.

"Alice, you have no idea how happy I am to meet you although I'm a bit shocked that you and Travis are already engaged but it's not a problem at all." she gave out a soft chuckle. "Whatever my grandson saw in you, I know it's pretty special because he chose you."

"Thank you so much." I smiled. Even though everything was all an act and part of the deal it still felt good knowing that his family likes me.

"You're the answer to my prayers... if it's okay I want to ask a favor from you."

"Oh sure, anything..."

"Travis...." I can't miss the mist in her eyes and the readable pain it holds. "He's broken, he may appear strong and cold but inside of him is a broken and vulnerable child..."

"I... I don't understand." not sure what she actually meant by that.

"You're not like his recent flings, I could feel it." She covered my hand with her soft warm hands. "His heart, it's broken or more like damaged I should say. He's not like that before not until..." she stopped. Sniffing a little she continued. "Alice, I trust you and I know he'll one of these days let you in. Please... be patient and when he finally did, melt the ice that surrounds his heart... and fix every broken piece of it." A single drop of tear escaped from her eyes.

Even though I didn't understand any of it, I promised her that I will try. Who broke his heart? What happened? I know that I probably didn't have to know anything because this is all a fake setup. A pang of pain stabbed my chest at the thought of him being hurt.

What am I even thinking? Closing my eyes despite of the carousel of thoughts playing on my mind I dragged myself out of bed to go out of my room before I lose my sanity.

Instantly regretting it as reality dawned on me seeing Travis sitting in our living room talking to my father and brother. I took a step back and turned around to go back to my room unsuccessfully.

"Allison, you're awake!" My dad's voice halted my step. "Travis have been waiting for you."

With my messy hair, groggy face, and disoriented head I slowly turned around. Regretting that I didn't fix myself before leaving my room. Travis was staring and me and all that I want at the moment if for the floor to open up and swallow me whole. This is so humiliating.

I bit my lip and waved a greeting awkwardly. "G – good morning." I tried to smile but I'm sure even my smile looks constipated. "S – sorry... I didn't know you were coming."

To add salt to my humiliation my dad teased. "My daughter still looks pretty even with her morning bare face, isn't she Travis?"

"She is, sir." without breaking his stare he agreed. His lips forming a cute lopsided grin.

"But my sister is not flawless Travis. Sometimes, she also looks like hell."

Not wanting to stand there any longer I excused myself. "I'll just go and change." with flushed face I run to my room.

My goodness.

N: NOT PROOFREAD.