Mr. Monterro's face is now void of the amusement displayed a while ago and was now serious and blank. "I understand your confusion sir." I stiffened at the deepness and coldness of his voice. "But please do not take our relationship a different way. You have a beautiful and kind daughter, sir. Anyone would fall in love with her without effort. She's not hard to love. I know this all feels sudden but Alice and I have already decided to take our relationship to the next level." My eyes widened in surprise. He can't possibly be dropping this bomb right at this moment, is he? "We are getting married."

With stiffened posture my father was staring at Mr. Monterro without blinking. "Dad..." I said softly with a shaking voice as I held my hand out to my dad.

Dad chuckled nervously. "I'm sorry I was just caught off guard." His eyes moving back and forth to me and Mr. Monterro. "B-but of course I will support my daughter in anything as long as she's happy..."

"Forgive us for not informing you sooner. I convinced her to keep us a secret then because I don't want the media or the paparazzi's to bother all of you. My apologies sir."

"I fully understand besides we haven't been living under the same room for a long time so I wasn't shocked that I wasn't updated with her life which is not a problem to me at all." Dad gave me a quick glance before he continued. "If you don't mind me asking. What about your family, do they know about this?"

"That's actually one of the reasons why I am here, sir. I would like to invite Alice to come with me for a dinner at my grandparents' house tonight." Horrified with what he had just said I felt as though my heart stopped beating.

Is he being serious?

"When it comes to that, my daughter is the one to decide. Alice is it okay to you?" Dad said somewhat calmly now a total opposite of what I'm feeling.

"Ah, yes dad... Do you mind if I talk to T – Travis outside?" When my father nodded I didn't wait any more second before grabbing Mr. Monterro's hand and led him outside.

Once we were out I dropped his hand like it burned me. "I'm sorry for grabbing you hastily like that... but Mr. Monterro... I suppose you are not serious with what you had just said back there, are you?"

"I know that I must have shocked you but I had realized the inappropriateness of prolonging this. My grandmother's inviting me for dinner and I have to take you with me."

"But, I'm not ready. I –"

"You will meet my family sooner or later I don't see the point of delaying it." This man is so... so...

"Yes, I know but you could've at least give me some more time or at least informed earlier not rushed like this..." Frustrated with a lot of going inside my mind, I face palmed. How will I act? What will I say? And just what will I wear?

"Look, I don't want to be rude to you Ms. Simon but don't act like you're the one who controls this situation. We'll get married by next month, I'll take care of everything. I'm going to leave you now. Go get some rest. And you'll meet my family tonight. I'll come by around seven o'clock. Wear your best and be at your best behavior. I hope I made everything clear."

Slightly offended by his words, I nodded my head. "Yes, Mr. Monterro. Clear as crystal."

"See you later." He turned around and I watched his retreating back.

I shook my head trying to remove the sting of his words in my heart. I went inside knowing that my father will ask tons of questions but that was the least of my worries now.

"Dad, T – ravis already left. He didn't get to say goodbye because he's... secretary called and there's an emergency in the office and his presence is needed so he left immediately." I felt bad for lying to my father.