Never letting you go again

Please support your girl by voting and sharing. Thanks🤗❤😋

**************************

Esmeralda

"No, no! What are you doing? You're crazy!" I yell..

"I refuse to go down alone! Now stop trying to open the door, it's locked" A dark voice yells back.

"Help! Somebody help! OH MY GOD, WATCH OUT!!" I yell just as the car swerves off the road to hit a fallen tree and becomes suspended in air before coming back down and tumbling a few times.

I scream with all my strength in horror and pain when I see blood pooling on the floor beside me.

"Esmeralda, Esmeralda! Wake up. It's okay, I'm here for you" I hear a soothing voice say and I feel arms wrap around me.

I snuggle closer to the warmth and calm my breathing before slowly peeling my eyes open.

It's just a nightmare. It isn't real.

I look around and notice that I'm half sitting, half lying down on Mr. Heart's hospital bed with my head resting in the crook of someone's neck.

What happened? Where is Mr. Heart?

Raising my head up to see who it is, my heart starts beating fast when I see Mr. Stone staring at me tenderly.

"Hey" I breath trying to get my thoughts in order.

"Hey beautiful" He says palming one of my cheeks and gently rubbing his thumb across them.

I must still be dreaming.

"What happened?" I ask reaching up to grab my pounding head.

"You lost consciousness and the doctor wants to keep you here for a while. Initially, she wanted to keep you for a few days but I've spoken to her and you can leave tomorrow" He responds still caressing my cheek.

Lost consciousness? I don't remember even feeling sick or being dehydrated.

The only time I've ever lost consciousness was when I ran into a redhead at the mall and got a head splitting headache. She ran away though before I blacked out. That was about a year ago.

Why is he looking at me like that?

"Oh my God, I need to call Keesha" I mumble looking around for my bag.

I see it on the table beside the bed and Mr. Stone gets it for me before I can reach over.

I wince when I see fourteen missed calls and ten texts from Keesha.

"How long have I been unconscious?" I ask before dialling her number.

"Give or take, eight hours" Mr. Stone answers half-smiling as if he knows what's waiting for me at the other end of the phone.

"WHAT THE HELL ESME?" Keesha screams immediately she picks up and I recoil back. I realize then that one of Mr Stone's arms is still wrapped around my waist.

As if reading my thoughts, he removes it and before I can mourn the loss, his hand moves to my hair and start stroking.

I like it too much to even start to wonder why he's suddenly being so affectionate and why I'm not protesting.

"Are you okay? You were supposed to have left work about five hours ago. I was so worried" She adds with her voice gone down several volumes which I appreciate more than anything considering the fact that my head feels like it was hit with a brick.

"I'm fine. I'm at the hospital, I..." I'm cut off by her scream once again.

"The hospital?! I knew something was wrong! At first I thought maybe you had gone to a bar to drink away work tension but I knew you'd never go without me. Which hospital is it? I'm coming right now!" I can hear her fumbling around the background probably preparing to leave the house. My house.

She probably went there after work; else how could she have known that I've been gone for so long?

Keesha is the only person that's allowed to visit me without calling first.

"Hold on...Which hospital is this?" I say directing the last part towards Mr. Stone because I didn't pay any attention to details when we were coming to visit Mr. Heart.

"Mercy land hospital" he answers and I take my hand away from the receiver and repeat the name to Keesha.

In a very Keesha-like manner, she hangs up without saying goodbye and I shake my head with a smile.

With Keesha no longer on the phone, my full attention returns to how close I'm sitting to Mr Stone and his hand in my hair.

As if noticing the sudden change in my demeanor, he moves the hand in my hair to my neck and uses it to turn me to face him while his other hand caresses my cheek.

"So so beautiful" he mutters in awe.

"I'm never letting you go again" He says bringing his head closer to  mine and I freeze.

He's going to kiss me!

His lips land on my forehead though and I melt even though I don't understand anything he's saying.

"I'll be back" He says standing up
and all I can do is nod like an idiot.

Fifteen minutes after he walks out, I'm still staring at the door trying to figure out if I'm still dreaming.

Keesha meets me in that state.

"What happened?" She asks as she rushes in and drops her purse.

"Hell if I know" I answer still staring at the door.

What changed in the last eight hours?.

**********************

Hunter

I can't believe this! She's the one!

Am I completely certain? No. Am I about seventy percent sure? Yes.

My thoughts wonder back to Mike's earlier call.

"Mr. Stone, you will not believe what I just discovered"

"What is it Mike?"

"I just found out from old acquaintances of Esmeralda's parents that although they used to have a daughter, she died from an overdose when she was sixteen. Do you know what this means?" Mike asks and my brain starts coming up with different scenarios all leading up to one fact.

"Esmeralda most probably isn't their real daughter" Mike says reiterating my thoughts and I feel hope surge in me.

"I have their address, they stay all the way in the other part of the city, I'll go there tomorrow to ask a few questions" He concludes.

"I want to come with you" I state.

"But..." He protests.

"I'm coming with you and we're going there tonight. I can't wait till tomorrow"

"Alright, Mr. Stone" he says hanging up.

And so here I am, in the backseat of the car with the driver heading to a cafe to pick Mike up so we can finally go get some damn answers.

I've found my girl.

***************************

Would you look at that? No cliffhanger today😏😏

Okay, I know I promised to update yesterday but I've been so so busy. In fact, it's 5.30AM here. I'm sacrificing my sleep to make up for it so that should be enough for you all to forgive me😭😭

I know this is more of a filler chapter but this is the beginning of the real drama so fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride😎

Please support me by voting, commenting and sharing🤗❤