dix-neuf

●○●

November 1st

It had been about two months since the last time Tatum had visited the Cullen house. She missed hanging out with them, especially Jasper and Alice. She did keep in touch with the family but it was getting harder and harder because of how suspicious Bailey was growing.

Speaking of Bailey, she was making Tatum babysit him more and more. She barely interacted with her own son anymore. It was to the point of Avery sleeping in Tatum's room and not his mom's. Bailey still verbally abused Tatum whenever she did something wrong.

"Tatum! You can't even wash the dishes right!"

"Tatum! I thought I said to roll the clothes, not fold them! God, you need to listen!"

"Tatum! You need to feed Avery! You cannot let him starve like a shitty babysitter!"

"Tatum! Why can't you get a job? Mom, dad, and I are carrying this family and all you're doing is playing patty-cake with a child."

This happened on a daily basis at least twice a day. Her parents ignored it, calling it her 'momma month'. But they all knew and they had all been waiting for the moment

It only made Tatum keep her anger, frustration, and sadness locked up tight. Family dinners were now filled with 'I'm fine' and 'Okay'. Her parents just assumed that she was homesick, ass she slipped into the same mood at least twice a year for a week. But they started noticing when it surpassed three weeks. She would constantly get the attention from her parents who thought it would make her feel better. But it only fueled Bailey's frustration and hurtful words to her little sister. Today was the day that Bailey, Tatum, and their mom were to go to Port Angeles for homecoming dresses. But first....school.

●○●

It was obviously getting chiller and the constant rain didn't help

It was obviously getting chiller and the constant rain didn't help. Tatum was forced to get up and drive her, her sister, and Avery to the places they needed to be. After dropping Avery off at his daycare, she parks in the parking lot and lets her sister get out before letting a breath out. She gave up on looking cute in October so all she did was keep her hair up in a ponytail and curled her eyelashes. She didn't try being cute, but she did try not to look dead.

As soon as Tatum stepped out of her car, she was bombarded by Keith. Bailey had instructed him to keep her away from the Cullen's. He didn't mind that either, he loved hanging out with her anyways; even if she didn't act like herself.

"So, there's a movie tomorrow and I wondered if you, uh, wanted to go see it? Together. Not just you, uh, I mean you can but-"

"Keith, just stop talking and take your time to figure out what you're saying," Tatum says, leaning her forehead against her bronco. She was so out of it. It was getting more and more noticeable by the day. She was downing so much coffee that her parents were worried she would have a caffeine overdose and hurt herself.

"Right, uh, do you want to go on a movie date with me?" Keith says very slowly, comprehending the words he was saying. Tatum's eyes widen and she instantly regrets going to school that day. Out of everything that could dampen her day, it would definitely be rejecting her friend.

"Actually, she's going on a date with my brother tomorrow," Rosalie says, coming up from behind Tatum. Keith looks from Rosalie and Tatum, a common thing for him to do apparently, and then furrows his bushy eyebrows.

"She is?"

"I am?"

"Yes, she is," Edward says, coming next to Rosalie and glaring at Keith. Speaking of Keith, he had no clue what to think. First, Bailey tells him not to let her interact with the Cullen's. Then, he tries shooting his shot. But of course, he finds out that she's going on a date with one of them. Does that mean she's dating one of them?

"So, you and Cullen are dating now?" Keith asks, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. Tatum's eyes widen as does Edward and Rosalie's.

"Edward, you better not be taking my girl."

"Why are you always coming at the perfect time, Jazz?"