Friends

Knott's POV

So far, I am the only one who has shown up on campus. Tew has already left to join his friends to get in some last-minute studying while I sit waiting for mine to make an appearance.

Looking at the message I sent earlier, I see that nobody has replied. What is going on? If they all bunk class, I am going to kill them.

I am about to get up when Bright and N'Kammon take a seat across from me. What is up with their hair? Did Bright make out with him in a closet somewhere?

"I can't believe you didn't wake me up?" Bright grumbles to N'Kammon.

"What the fvck! Don't blame that on me," N'Kammon snarks back, "I tried! I would have had better luck waking the dead! Seriously! I slapped, pinched, and yelled at you. How can you not wake up when I shout in your ear? Much less when I hit you? And do you know how loud you snore?"

Do they even realize I am here? And I have to admit once Bright falls asleep, it is nearly impossible to wake his ass up. N'Kammon stretches his back and groans.

"I should have left your ass there," N'Kammon hisses as he cracks his neck. "I am sore all over."

"You?" Bright snorts, "I was the one used as a mattress, and I don't snore."

"Oh, yes you do," N'Kammon says around a mouthful.

Huh? Sore all over? Mattress? Do I even want to know what they are talking about right now? I am in the process of debating whether I should ask or not when Tutah walks up and joins us.

"What the hell have the two of you done to your hair?" Tutah asks. "If you are going to make out in a closet, check your hair before you exit." Ha! I am not the only one who thought that.

Bright glares across the table at Tutah, "You're so funny."

"We didn't make out in a closet, P'Tutah," N'Kammon glowers, "Did we P'Bright?"

"We still could," Bright shrugs, and I laugh when N'Kammon smacks Bright on the back of his head.

Tutah is poking me in the arm, "What?" I demand, grabbing his hand to stop him. "That hurts."

"Did you see that?" Tutah points across at N'Kammon, "He smacked him."

"You would, too," N'Kammon grumbles, "If you slept on the floor of a damn meeting hall because some idiot wouldn't wake up."

"You slept where?" I ask.

"Our meeting hall," Bright sighs, "I went there to think."

Tutah and I both looked at N'Kammon when Bright said he went to think. We look back at Bright with the unspoken question, and he shakes his head no.

"What is wrong with your hair?" Arthit asks, sitting down. Looking at N'Kammon, he adds, "What did you do to your boyfriend?"

"Nothing," Bright barks, "This is bed hair. Floor hair? Whatever you want to call it."

N'Kammon stands up stiffly, "You take care of my trash. I have class."

"Floor hair?" Arthit looks at me, confused. I nod and chuckle when Arthit mouths, "Floor hair."

Bright waves over his shoulder as his boyfriend walks out of our canteen. We all look at Bright, waiting for an explanation.

"Was that N'Kammon?" Prem sits down with his coffee, "Ai'Bright, what the hell is wrong with your hair?"

"Ai'Tutah," Bright extends a hand, "Mirror." Tutah rummages through his bag and hands, Bright both a mirror and a comb.

"Fvck!" Bright exclaims when he looks at himself, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He dips the comb into his glass of water and begins combing his hair.