56 - Sergio Abrigo?

43 9 6

Felipe Altamirano Alvarez Espadachín

People expect that I wouldn't have continued work on the day after the day Amor was euthanized, but the truth was that I resumed working on the day after the day Amor died because a policeman serves his country at all times; no matter what unfortunate event plagues him, he must not let it impede his duty to his country. The death of Amor brought personal significance to the case of Kantuta Willka and Rina Aymara. Whatever killed those children - or 'ate' them, according to the old man whom we found in the village - was responsible for killing my dog; for that reason, I was determined to find what killed/ate/kidnapped Kantuta Willka and Rina Aymara. On the whiteboard beside my redwood office table, I wrote the words 'Chiyara Nayra' in huge letters, intending to investigate who this 'La Negra' or 'Chiyara Nayra' was. The tribal chief believed that it was a man-eating demon, but I could care less about what he said: he's from the tribes, a people known for their superstition; they believe in things that I consider to be pure nonsense.

That day morning I had to go to Roboré with Pablo to investigate the owner of the jeep. The Principal of Wolfgang Academy sent a representative of hers who would be arriving the next day evening, so I had time to investigate more about Eduardo Rodiguez. The revelation of the missing 22 children broadened the case: the Incasisi accident wasn't just a normal case. It was tied in some way to the missing 22. This made it even more important for me to find out more about jeep and its owner. The villagers searched the rainforests around Incasisi but never found any students or any camp there. That could mean that the two teachers were on the jeep, journeying somewhere far away from the camp while the children were still in the camp when the accident happened. Ms. Longhorn told me that four days after the children and teachers landed in La Paz, one of the teachers called her to tell her that they were going to the forest for camping. The forensic analysis set the date of the accident many days after the day that was supposed to be the first day of camping for the children. Therefore it can be assumed that the children were in the camp when the accident happened, and the teachers were going somewhere else. There were some cell phones discovered in the debris, that were sent for analysis. The three phones had waterproof casings and narrowly missed being crushed; they were intact. The bodies of their owners took the impact of the crash, shielding the devices from destruction. The phones were out of battery when we found them, so they were sent to the I.T department for analysis and data extraction.

At about 8:30 a.m, I got into my car. I was driving on that day. Pablo sat by my side. Luismar and Bernardo Valenciano sat in the seats behind me. Luismar managed to convince the archivist to return to Roboré from Riberalta. So, we were going to Roboré to gather information about that jeep and its owner. By finding details about the jeep such as the shop from which it was bought, my team and I could go to that shop and get even more information about the buyer: Eduardo Rodriguez. Once everyone got into the car, I drove the vehicle out of the station's driveway and onto the highway, passing by thick trees that flanked the highway to Roboré. The road wasn't busy that day: only a few trucks traveled on the road. The sky was dark because of storm clouds: there was another storm that was coming. Since it was cold outside, we lowered the car's windows, allowing the wind to brush our faces while we smelt the smell of upcoming rain. By 10:30 a.m we were in the crowded streets of Roboré: we saw tourists flocking around lodges, seeking accommodation; we saw lots of cars parked by small roadside shops; we saw children tugging at their parents' hands, wanting them to buy them cotton candy that was sold by street drivers; and, we saw many vehicles like my car clogging the roads. Twenty minutes after entering the city, I drove down a small alleyway flanked by five adobe two-story tall houses and entered a large cobble-stoned street. I drove down that street for ten minutes alongside a mixture of motorbikes and cars before taking a right down an asphalt street and then taking a left to enter another cobble-stoned street. We drove down that cobble-stoned street until we came near the gate of the Municipality Archives building. We parked in the concrete parking lot and walked towards the colonial-era Archive building which neighbored the much modern Roboré Municipality building.

Lost: Casa PerdidaWhere stories live. Discover now