thirty eight

i rubbed artie's shoulder as an attempt to be comforting. we had just heard the news. brittany's pregnant.

"stevie, what's that bracelet on your hand?" sam asked me.

"oh, jesse and i made each other bead bracelets. it says his name on it and it's made of his favorite color scheme." i held up my wrist and turned away from artie.

the colors were turquoise, baby blue, and sunshine yellow.

"ugh, you guys are like kindergarten boyfriends." santana quipped.

"i think it's cute." sam defended me.

"i think you should agree with me cause i'm your girlfriend." santana crossed her arms.

mr. schue walked in.

"artie are you okay?"

"my life is over. how am i supposed to support a baby," he turned to brittany,"how could you not tell me about this?"

"wait, brittany are you pregnant?" mr. schue asked.

"definitely. i'm so sorry, artie. i didn't want to upset you. i thought i could surprise you when it dropped him off. pretty sure it's a boy." brittany said.

i furrowed my brows in confusion.

"um, babies don't get dropped off." puck told her.

"brit, have you been to a doctor?" i asked her.

"i don't need to go to a doctor. i just need to look outside my window. three days ago, a stork built its nest on top of my garage. i'm not stupid, it's obviously getting ready to bring me my baby. i know where babies come from." she explained to the room.

"damn." puck muttered in disbelief.

"so-so what do you think sex is?" i leaned down from the row i was sitting, which was above hers, my interest peaking.

"so, i see things are getting really serious with jesse. bracelets, huh?" finn asked in amusement.

"laugh all you want, but it's cute. he has one with my name and my favorite color scheme." i rolled my eyes and walked into spanish class with him.

"ooh, a color scheme. can i ask what the colors are?" he asked.

"baby pink, salmon, and sea blue." i sat down.

"wow. that's beautiful." he sat next to me.

i rolled my eyes.

"sexy." mr. schue wrote on the board.

"i really hope that's not one of the requirements for regionals, because with berry in those tights, we don't stand a chance." santana said.

i laughed and nudged santana.

"no, this isn't about regionals. i'm less worried about that right now and more worried about the fact that it's become clear to me that some of you have been lacking when it comes to understanding the...the, uh...the intricacies of adult relationships." mr. schue sputtered.

we all had our various laughs.

"just say sex, mr. schue. we've all had it. mostly with each other." i told him.

"i didn't-i didn't need that information...yeah, anyways. along with preparing for our regionals next week, i want to spend the week educating ourselves about some of these intricacies."