Love doesn't Exist

Start from the beginning

The gate was so big and designed in an abstract art that is very pleasing to any body that sees. When you enter the park, the trees are so tall and big. They are also very stunning. Flowers are scattered around the ground. Fuchsia pink, periwinkle, lilacs and yellow were the colors that will serve as a rainbow inside the park. The benches are well-carved and designed for couples that would like to share their sweet moments together. When you walk a little further, you’ll witness the breathtaking Brandywine Creek. The crystal clear and sparkling water is so astonishing. Time is endless if you’re in this seventh heaven. If you stayed until nightfall, you’ll see that the sky was the sea of stars. Shining and glittering before your naked eyes. As I visualize it in my mind, I just can’t wait for me to be there myself.

Until one day, gramps caught them there. He was so furious, he hit dad so hard in the face and held mom’s hand and took her away from dad. Mom and dad didn’t saw each other for several weeks since then. They both felt that they were dying without in each other’s arms. Dad can’t take the torment anymore. He needs to see her, to be with her. So he decided to go at mom’s place one late night; he cautiously got inside without the security noticing him. He climbed inside mom’s bedroom. She was sleeping when he got there. He woke her up by hugging her so tight and kissing her vulnerably. Mom was so surprised but then takes pleasure in kissing him back. Then dad asked her to elope with him, mom didn’t second thought. She agreed and they run away with just their intense love with each other.

They lived with each other for several years. Both of them are from rich families that’s why they needed to adjust in the new life they’ve chose. For this reason, dad worked so hard for mom. He gave everything he can just for her. He gave her jewelries, allows her to attend parties with her friends, he gave her the life she was used to. He doesn’t want mom to suffer or not be happy with him. He endured the entire burden, but it’s still worth it. He had her, that’s what is important for him. Nothing else matters, if he’ll wish for something more, it will be having a child of their own.

Years after, I was born. They were both so happy when they held me for the first time. Dad said that I had mom’s eyes and her beautiful hair, while the only thing that I got from him is his complexion. Even that’s the case, he didn’t bother. As a matter of fact, it is somewhat been a favor for him. To have a child, to look exactly as the woman she loved more than anything else. He felt so complete and contented in life and will do everything possible for his family. He even worked harder for us but mom just got unhappy with her life. She’s searching for something that she doesn’t know. Though dad did anything possible just to please her, it’s still not enough.

Then my 10th birthday came, and dad threw me a party. Of course, Nathaniel was there and my other friends. Even mom and dad’s friends were there. Dad’s co-worker, Harriet Lowell, introduced him to mom. He was taller than dad, had a well-built body, and had green glistening eyes. Mom was kind of different when they were introduced. As I look at her, she was so bewildered and can’t believe of what she’s seeing that time. She can’t take her eyes away from that guy. It was kind of strange actually. I’ve never seen her like that before. The whole day, they were just talking. Mom even laughed so hard for the very first time. Dad didn’t mind it that much. He listened to it as if it was a melody in his ears. Mom was really acting strange. I was really bothered as I watched her with that man. I felt jealous for dad. Mom’s flirting with that guy, that’s what I thought.

After a while, Harriet noticed me looking at them. He looked at me very fiercely. He was smiling at me. A smile of an evil person, that’s what, came to me. It made my blood boil. I went to dad and asked him to get a hold of mom and take her away from him. Dad just smiled at me and told me not to worry. I was annoyed, why won’t dad listen to me! He’s not a good person! Mr. Harriet was a good man and mom is just enjoying her time with him, that’s what he told me. I trusted my dad so much so I just listened to him and enjoyed my day.