(CL) - Are you okay?

Happy reading!

I put my movie on pause as I hear my doorbell ringing, wiping away my tears. I stand up to open the door and I meet the most beautiful green eyes, a small light shining in them.

"Hi, I'm Charles, your new neighbour." He offers me his hand with a big smile. He looks the same age as me, maybe a year older.

"Oh, yeah. I'm Y/n, I was wondering when that shitty apartment would be rented." I joke and shake his hand. His brown hair bounces a little as he chuckles about my comment.

"It's a cool place actually, I like it. How long has it been on sale?" He gestures to his home now.

"I know, it's beautiful. About a half-year now." My voice breaks at the thought of who used to live there.

"Are you okay?" He asks concerned, tears building up in my eyes.

"Yeah, I was just watching a sad movie." As I say, a tear falls on my cheek.

"No, that's not it. I can feel it's not just a movie." He touches my shoulder for comfort. "Can I come in?"

"It's complicated, but come in." I move aside so he can walk in. We take place on my blue couch. "My best friend used to live there. Every time my boyfriend would go home from being here with me, he'd just go to her without me knowing. I found out and she fled away, leaving me here."

"No, it's okay. I'm so sorry about that." He holds me when I break out in a crying mess. He whispers in my ear the words I needed to hear. "It's in the past, I live in that shitty apartment now. Let's make new memories, better ones."

"Really?" I look up to him, breaking the hug to look in his eyes. His eyes show me he's serious, his sparkles returning in his eyes. "Why?"

"Yeah, I'd like to get to know the hot woman living next to me." I stare at the grin on his face, not completely taking in what he said. "I mean, I want to get to know you."

"I'd like to get to know you too." I look back into his eyes, his eyes sparkle even more than before. "Do you need help unpacking? Or did you already unpack?"

"I did unpack, but I could use your eyes to make it a little more like home. Your house is like, very warm and Homey?" He takes a look around my apartment from where we're sitting. Gesturing to somethings in my apartment whilst talking: "I mean look at the kitchen, it's huge but with the fruit bowl and all those little things, it looks great and cosy. All the candles and plants around here, it's the woman touch I miss in mine. I feel like home here, mine is like a prison."

"I don't believe it's like a prison, but I'm glad this feels like home. I worked hard on this to make it my home." I smile proudly at my sweet home. "But of course I'll help you."

He suddenly cups my face with his hand and turns my head back to him. He whispers: "Can I kiss you?"

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any requests you can send me a message, I'd love to hear from you! Please vote and share, I would like that. I'm always open to talk.