Chapter 5

Wind blew through the den, as Snowpaw wondered if there was enough prey. It was the beginning of leaf-bare, and it had already snowed up to Snowpaw's stomach.

"Snowpaw!" Silverstripe poked her head into the apprentice's den. "It's time for your training." Snowpaw padded out of the den.

"Can I go see Acorntail first?" Snowpaw asked.

"Yes, but be quick." Silverstripe mewed. Snowpaw pelted towards the nursery, unseen, because of her white fur. Word got around ForestClan fast. Acorntail had had kits. Snowpaw reached the nursery, and stepped inside.

"Acorntail?" Snowpaw called.

"Over here." Snowpaw padded over to her nest. There were four kits, they had just opened their eyes.

"What are their names?" Snowpaw asked.

"The pale tabby is Moonkit, the grey tom is Grasskit, the orange one that looks like me is Nutkit, and the white one is Snowkit. She was named after you." Acorntail purred. Snowpaw was touched.

"Let me guess, Moonkit is a girl, Grasskit, a boy, Nutkit, a boy, and Snowkit, a girl." Snowpaw said.

"Good eye! Exept, Grasskit is blind."

"Snowpaw! Hurry up!" Silverstripe called.

"Bye, Acorntail!" Snowpaw yelled, running out of the nursery.

"Bye, Snowpaw!"

"So, let's work on hunting in the snow! " Silverstripe mewed exitedly.