Dimitri felt shocks run up and down his arms. The places where the Professor touched him left him feeling like he was burning and tingling at the same time. The stir of arousal that the green-haired man's actions had provoked would not die down.

His throat was dry, so the blond licked his lips, feeling gratification when the Professor's eyes tracked his movement. What was the question again?

The blond's head felt like it had been stuffed full of cotton, the feelings of madness and insanity that had been a constant companion to him all these years felt like they had been blurred out behind a foggy curtain. They were still there, yes, but he suddenly felt like he was thinking clearer now.

"And just how are you planning on making me feel alive again?" Dimitri asked, though he felt like he already knew the answer. He sounded more put together than he felt. He felt like he had just barely escaped getting wrecked by the Professor's actions.

No one had ever made him feel like this. No one would ever make him feel like this. He was sure of it.

Instead of answering the question, Byleth looked at him quietly. "Are you amendable to this? If this is not what you wish, then I will never lay a hand on you."

Dimitri's finger twitched at the thought that the Professor would never touch him again, the unwillingness born within him at the thought of that happening was already an answer for him.

But, how could he do this when he had to go and kill that woman? When he should be focusing his entire energy on getting vengeance for his family? For Dedue? For all the people of Duscur that had been slaughtered in a meaningless tragedy?

A touch from the Professor's hand drew him back. "It's not wrong to want something for yourself, Dimitri."

Dimitri let out a harsh laugh. "How can I? When you were one of those who had abandoned me?" he demanded.

"Never by choice, Dimitri. And never again, if I have anything to say about it."

Dimitri's eye flickered as he stared into the sincerity that all but emitted from the familiar green eyes of his Professor.

Dimitri thought about it. He really thought about it. He should refuse. There was no time in war for something so utterly soft and vulnerable, but -

He struggled with himself. But he wanted it. He wanted to believe. He wanted... he wanted to feel alive again.

"...Yes," Dimitri whispered at last, Byleth's patience paying off.

Byleth pulled the blond into a kiss, Dimitri's lips were still so soft - even when he spoke such harsh words - Byleth licked the blond's lips, drawing out a gasp from him. He licked in, tasting the blood that painted the insides of his lips, where the blond had tried to stifle his own gasps and pants earlier.

And Dimitri - Dimitri could not do anything but pliantly allow the Professor to explore the confines of his mouth. He felt like he was melting - like the other was devouring him, piece by piece, slowly savoured.

Like he couldn't get enough. The thought made him shudder. The thought that he was wanted - needed - was such a heady feeling.

He made Dimitri feel so many things at once that it was a whirlwind of emotion. He had no idea where it ended and began, blending together in a mix of unknowns.

"A safe word of your choosing," Byleth said, pulling away just the slightest. His lips still brushed against Dimitri's as he spoke.

Dimitri frowned. "I need no such thin-"

"A safe word of your choosing," Byleth repeated firmly.

Dimitri could tell from the look in the other's eyes that he would not be getting anywhere if he did not choose a word. After all these years, the man was still - he was still so concerned that it made his heart ache in so many places.

"Imperial."

"No," Byleth said, his eyes showing that he would not change his stance on this. "Choose another one. I will not have you bring those emotions with you when we do this."

"Green," Dimitri said, looking into green eyes.

"Better."

Byleth rewarded the blond with another kiss, drinking down the little sounds that the blond made without realizing.

"Come. This is no place for such a thing to take place."

Dimitri regained a bit of control over himself. He scoffed. "'Such a thing', you say."

Byleth held the prince's gaze, speaking slowly. "This is not the place where I will fuck you, take you apart and break you down before building you back up."

Dimitri caught the breath that wanted to escape him.

"Where shall we go?" he said, his voice coming out shakier than he wanted it to.

"To my old room. If it's not too demolished."