Red Roses

Thanks for the vote! haha it made me want to start writing the instant i saw it!

+++++++++++

My father shuffled to the other side and sat down at his desk sighing loudly. I was shaking in my seat, Prince's hands on my shoulders to keep me calm. "Father?" I whispered. He looked up with heart crushing eyes. He was close to tears, just like when mom died.

"I'm so sorry Juliet," he stood up again and reached across his desk, I leaned out and grabbed his hand half way.

"Father please..." I was sure I was going to cry.

He sighed again, let go and sat back. I stared at my hand like there was something wrong with it. It felt wrong with out him holding it, Prince quickly noticed my emptiness and gripped my hand. "Remember your birthday ball?" He asked looking out one of the tall windows. We both nodded...

>Flashback<

It's my sixteenth birthday! Today I was officially allowed to tell Prince that I loved him, if I had the guts in the first place. The maids rushed in after a long day, tonight was the ball, my favorite part! I jumped off my silk bed and let them undress me. "This way ma'am." One of the maid said leading me towards my closet. They opened it up and showed me three dresses.

The first was flowing yellow, yellow ribbons drapping to the floor and a big bow across the chest. Instantly I shook my head no.

The next girl brought a gold dress that glittered in the light. It had white ribbons that went around the skirt and silver strings that held the chest together. Again I shook my head no. There was a speacial dress I wanted to wear, one I had been waiting ten years to put on.

The last maid came out with it. It was pure white, rolling ruffles and lacy sleeves. It was my favorite dress. My head nodded so fast that my hair bounced wildly my heavy curls getting in my face. Some of the maids snickered but no one said a word. They helped me into the dress, tied my hair up. The whole thing took hours, I still hated corsets, with a passion! I even had a figure, but they made me wear it, for proper reasons of course. "Are you ready yet Juliet?" Father called from the other side of the door.

I glanced at my image in the mirror. Yes. "Coming Father!" I called out, my heals clicking against the marble floor. I swung the door open and twirlled for him. He clapped and grapped my arm, looping it through his.

He led the way to the ball room, giving me childish grins all the way there. Everything started going fast from there.

The trumptets sounded and my name was called.

People bowed and awed as I walked down the stairs.

Everyone swarmed me, asking about the dress, girls screamed with me all excited but this wasn't what I was so excited about. As everyone calmed down, music played and people were pulled to the dance floor. A watz started and people smiled goofy at their partners. "How are you tonight princess?" A voice asked. I jumped completely off guard. I turned to see a boy with long white hair smiling at me.

"Prince Jasper! You frightened me." I frowned at him. He laughed and put a hand on my back.

"Would you like to dance." He waved to the dance floor. I nodded only out of respect trying to hide my dissapointment. We ended up dancing through several songs. It wasn't until the bands stopped for a break did he let go. "Jasper." I waved my hand in his face. His eyes were locked behind me. "Prince Jasper!" I snapped. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Sorry." he said plainly.

"The song has ended." I said, wanting to get away. He nodded and looked back behind me. "What are you looking at?" I was getting irritated. Jasper always tried to get my attention, now that he had it he couldn't stay focused.