Chapter 17

An hour later, Loki jolts in the bed, causing everyone to look to him as both of his hands lay flat on his stomach. The life washes back over him and he announces "I can feel them! I can feel the babe!"

I lean forward and place my hand on his majorly enlarged stomach, before pressing my lips to it, in joy "Thata boy!" I roar, before frowning "Or... girl."

Loki gocks, before I feel a kick "That one hurt." he states, before taking Laufey's hand and placing it on his stomach "Did you feel that?"

Laufey frowns "They're either a frost giant, or twins." Loki furrows his brow, before Laufey gocks "Or triplets."

Loki looks at me nervously, before shaking his head "Two, I can do, three, is a definite no." I smirk and he frowns "If it a frost giant, we're looking at c-section."

I hum, before stating "That'll be one hel of a scar." he nods and I smirk, cockily "A sexy one, as well."

He rolls his eyes "Get your mind out of the chamber pot." he pushes my face playfully "Go have a drink. It might be your last."

I shake my head, before declaring "I'm not going to leave you here. You and me, together to the end, right?"

"Forever and always." he resits from our childhood, when we feared that we would never see each other again "Honestly, we should have seen how much we were into one another."

Frigga sighs "With all those brains, you'd think you'd get that." Loki gocks, before looking up to a healer as Frigga asks "How long will he need the brace?"

The healer hums, before replying "Couple hours and the steel will fuse together. He'll be in bed until birth."

Loki nudges me "You should climb in bed with me. I'm going to be here for awhile." Laufey helps him move over and I crawl in bed with him.

I rest my head on the pillow and sigh "Wake me up if you go into labor."

~

Loki nudges me awake and I hum "I'm in labor." he states.

"I was joking!" I declare and he sighs "What should I do? Do you need anything? Is the babe coming now? Does it hurt?"

"I don't know, no, it'll be hours until I actually give birth, and only a bit." he states, before ordering a guard "Get Frigga!"

They disappear, seconds before a bell rings throughout the kingdom, announcing the coming of an heir. Only minutes later, the warriors come barging in.

Volstagg looks between us "What can we do to help? Would you like us to meet your moral friends at the bifrost?"

Loki gives a tireded nod and they depart as Laufey, Frigga, and Odin step in. Laufey gives a concerned look "How are you feeling?"

"Great!" Loki grovels, before pulling himself in a sitting position "You know, besides the fact that I'm about to push a babe out of my quim!"

I scoff at him and ask "How long until we get to meet our babe?" Loki looks to Laufey.

"Hopefully by tomorrow morning." Loki sighs, before laying back in bed with a groan.

~

It's midnight when Loki screams in agony "I want the babe out, now!" He cries.

I try to hold him, but he shoves me away "Stay the fuck away if you want to keep that hand!"

I raise my hands in surrender and ask "Do you need anything? A drink? A pillow?"

"Fuck off!" he hisses, before grabs his stomach and leaning against the wall. He looks at Laufey, longingly.

Laufey kneels down and rests his ginormous hand on Loki's back "Take a deep breath. It'll all be okay."

Loki nods, before doubling over and groaning. Just then, his water breaks and loudly pours onto the floor.

And that'll when Hel breaks loose. The next thing I can process, is holding Loki from behind as we try to ease him through it. Loki grips onto Laufey and Frigga's hands as Odin grips my shoulder.

At one point, Loki screamed out as he shakes his head "I can't do it, father! I can't!"

Laufey checks to see where the head is "Yes, you can, the babe's head is out! It's just the shoulders!"

He gives a confused look "A little Asgardian babe!" Loki gives a confused whine and Frigga looks.

"Looks like a little Thor!" She smiles and a smile spreads across my face "One more push and the babe is out!"

And just like that, with one more push, a little white babe pushes out. Instantly, my stomach knots.

My focus blurs as my eyes station on the babe and I can only hear it's cries. Then, I notice something a little something sticking out.

"It's a boy!" I laugh, before kissing the back of Loki's neck. It's only a moment later that he tightens up again and whines out in agony.

Odin pats my shoulders and states "You're getting twins, son!" I look at him in shock as he hands over first. He's wrapped in half of the fur blanket. The afterbirth still covers his body, but I really don't care.

As soon as his little hand grips my finger, my heart implodes and I can't stop myself from kissing his forehead.

Minutes later, another cry erupts and something happens that I never thought could.

As I look down at the black haired, blue skinned, baby boy, my world is shocked, yet again.

Only moments ago, I thought I could never love anyone the same as I do the little boy in my arms. That my heart couldn't bare it.

But know, as I look down at the blue boy, wrapped in the other half of the blanket, I know it can.

As I look at them, both, I can see the men they will grow to be. Magni, the blonde, will be an astonishing king in Asgard, destined to be a mighty warrior, as I was.

Modi, the black hair babe, will be the  brave king of Jotunheim. Despite his miniature size, he will be a strong and wise man, able to defuse a fight with a slip of his tongue. He'll bring the first girls into Jotunheim, and excel in his studies.

And despite the fact that they're just two innocent babes, I know that's their destiny.

As I look back a million later, I was right.

*THE END*