An ANGSTY idea

Ok but I just had an idea Oof. As much as I hate Light for what he did, I do love the way his character is written. He's a fucking dick but a writing icon you can't even deny that. But you know what I love? MAKING HIM SUFFER.

I'm probably never gonna use this prompt bc it's not X reader so you guys can use it if you want.

Ik that there's no afterlife in DN but let's just say there is k?

So L, Mello and Matt are all watching Near from the afterlife and making sure he's ok and whatnot when they see a light flash behind them, meaning someone new has died and come to the afterlife. It happens often so they ignore it, after a while someone walks up to them.

It's Misa. She breaks down to them that now that she's dead she realised what a massive mistake she made, falling into Lights grip, and that she knew that they'd never forgive her but she finally realised that she was being manipulated and regrets everything. To her surprise, L who had knows she'd been manipulated from the beginning decides to not fully forgive her but put everything behind them as she was being mainly controlled by Light. She's allowed to join their little death squad.

Finding people you know in the afterlife is hard because it's basically just a massive endless void. So he doesn't want her to be alone forever since if the Death Note hadn't corrupted her along with Light she could have been a great person.

BUT then, a little while later, there's another flash and guess who it is, Light.

In a fit of absolute rage, L storms over to him and slaps him so hard he falls back, screaming at him that he's a monster and he'd be alone for eternity in the afterlife as no one would ever forgive him. He screams that because he killed him, that meant he had to leave behind the successors that were like his kids and then he had the nerve to kill two of them when they had so much to live for. L gets so mad and riled up just pushing and shoving Light around that in angry tears he screams

"YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A WORTHLESS MONSER LIGHT, NO GOD, NO KING, A WORTHLESS GARBAGE EXCUSE OF A HUMAN BEING!"

He turns and takes the boys and Misa and just leaves him. Light can't believe that Misa, was now siding with L as she gave him a sad but dirty look as they walked away.

And now that he's dead, he really is no god, and realises he never was. It's then, after all the irreversible damage he's done that he finally realises that he was in the wrong the whole time. He can't go to anyone, not the dead members of the taskforce as they hate him for being Kira, not L, Misa or the successors as they would rather die a second time than see him again. Not even his own father who would know by now that he was Kira this whole time.

Now that everyone hates him, now that he's sent the world to hell, now that he's not even alive anymore he realises...

"what have I done?"