04 - BEAMED UP

GOING TO A SCIENCE-BASED SCHOOL SUCH AS MIDTOWN meant a handful of field trips to every museum imaginable

GOING TO A SCIENCE-BASED SCHOOL SUCH AS MIDTOWN meant a handful of field trips to every museum imaginable. It had been a long day of tours and now Kaelyn, Ned, Beth, and Peter were all practically falling asleep on the bus. Kaelyn had her head gently resting on Peter's shoulder while her eyes fluttered closed from time to time. Beth was sitting one seat up sharing headphones with Ned. It was quiet, calm for the first time in so long. Kaelyn felt safe with Peter's arm around her, one resting across the top of the seat in front of him. However, Kaelyn was never lucky enough to feel safe for long. Every hair on Peter's arm stood on end in a flash, causing both her and Peter to increase their alertness. After a year together, you learned what spidey sense looked like and this was a perfect example of it.

Looking out the window to the right, Peter got tense, but Kaelyn couldn't see past him. Tapping him on the shoulder she asked with worry coating her tone, "What's going on, baby?"

Peter looked from the window to Kaelyn and back to the window. There was fear in his voice when he spoke, she could hear it even as he tried to hide it. "Get ready to suit up. Look."

He moved out of the way and Kaelyn saw what looked like a giant, metal, flying doughnut. Of course, she couldn't get one day where nothing went wrong. Looking at Peter she nodded and got ready to move. Peter reached up and tapped Ned, saying, "Ned, hey. I need you to cause a distraction."

"Holy shit," Ned said as soon as he took out his earbud and looked out the window.

Beth noticed the object too, her eyes glued to the window as she said, "What the fuck is that?"

Creating the perfect distraction, Ned shouted, "We're all gonna die!" As one would in a situation like this. With this being said, everyone flocked to the ride side of the bus so quickly it almost seemed like it was going to flip. As soon as everyone was looking at the object, Peter used his web-slinger to open the emergency exit beside them and grab Kaelyn. On the side of the bus, they slipped on their masks before Kaelyn grabbed onto his back and they leaped off the bridge with Peter's web-slinger keeping them from free-falling into the water. They landed just across from a park, letting the nanotech in their suits coat them and prepare them for battle. Just as a ginormous creature Kaelyn could only assume was an alien was about to punch Tony Stark into next week, Peter leaped in front and stopped in. That's my boy, Kaelyn thought to herself before launching into battle.

"Hey, man! What's up, Mr. Stark?" Kaelyn heard Peter say, humorous as always in the worst circumstances.

"Kids! Where'd you come from?" Tony questioned while Peter held back the monster.

"Field trip to the MoMA!" Peter explained just as the creature grabbed him and tossed him. "Uh, what is this guy's problem, Mr. Stark?"

The monster was thrown aback by Peter and Tony's attacks so with all her might Kaelyn leaped and grabbed it from the neck, clinging onto his back.