Chapter 63: New Leaf

AMBER'S POV

Caige drove me home from the mall and I walked into the house to see my parents on the couch.

"Hey Amber." My dad said.

"Hi." I said, going to the stairs.

"Why don't you tell your mother what you did at the mall."

"Caige and I just walked around, shopped a bit, we spent most of our time in Hot Topic."

"Why don't you tell your mom what I found out today?"

"Well, um-" I said, trying to figure out what to say as I slowly walked closer to them.

"Wait, come here." My mom said and I walked over to her. She grabbed my hand and looked at my new ring.

"That's not the promise ring you had earlier."

"Well, Caige sort of proposed to me a few weeks ago."

"What! You're seventeen Amber!"

"I know! We're not even going to think about the wedding until Caige graduates college."

"Well, I guess that's okay."

"Thank you mom." I smiled, hugging her before running upstairs.

TJ'S POV

"I'm surprised you're okay with this." Brandi said.

"I wasn't at first. I was fighting with Amber in the mall, and then I realized, she's seventeen. It's her last year of high school and her last year in the house. I don't want to spend her last year like the last three, fighting over every little thing. I have to learn to loosen up because she's going to be out of the house and won't have me to yell at her."

"Aw, that's sweet TJ." She smiled, kissing my lips.

"Yeah, and I've decided I want to throw them a surprise engagement party."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I want to turn over a new leaf."

"Well, I'm proud of you TJ." She smiled.

"Thank you."

*********************************

5 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER