Chapter Seventeen - Test Your Limits

Then I realized it wasn't playing in my head, it was playing on Evan's car radio. My voice was inside of his car, the four Jays music engulfing it like a marriage made in heaven. Evan turned the radio up, so loud the windows hummed with the bass line.

"We only just left." I whispered.

"Kat works fast." He replied. "There's no turning back now Ela."

"I don't want to turn back." I replied, surprised to find I meant it.

"Me either." Evan smiled, placing one last chaste kiss on my lips.

I sat in disbelief listening to the song play as Evan buckled his seat belt and began driving. I was still in relative shock when the car pulled into Scarlett's driveway.

Before Evan had even turned the car off Scarlett and Xavier were out the front door. Standing on the deck, like our own personal two person welcome party.

"Stay for dinner Evan?" Scarlett asked smiling over at Evan as he got out of the car. "We're having pork belly. Xavier has been watching old chef Ramsay videos and has been cooking up a storm."

I looked at Evan, almost willing him to say yes. I found myself wanting to be around at every opportunity I got. Whether or not my feelings were unrequited didn't matter anymore. I was under his metaphoric spell.

"Don't have to ask me twice Aunty." Evan grinned, he walked around the car and slipped his hand in mine.

Scarlett and Xavier grinned and walked back inside.

"You don't mind do you?" Evan asked.

"Not at all." I smiled. "I might go take a shower though."

Evan nodded, as he turned and kissed me on the forehead.

We walked inside the house, Evan walked into the kitchen and I went upstairs. I walked into my room and let out a shaky breath.

There really was no turning back now. Evan and I had to succeed, no matter what. I grabbed clean clothing from my closet and walked out of the bedroom and into the hall, straight into Evan.

"Shit." I grumbled, dropping my things on to the ground. Evan recovered from the shock faster than I did, and he knelt down to scoop them up.

"Scarlett told me dinner is still a way off." He paused. "She told me to 'hang with my girlfriend.'" He laughed as he spoke, holding out my clothes to me.

I smiled and took the clothes, brushing past Evan I opened the bathroom door.

"Come on then, keep me company." I teased, turning on the bathroom light.

I heard Evan almost choke on his voice he stuttered and when to say something, but only a squeak escaped. I bit back a chuckle and turned to face him.

"Relax, You can face the other way."

He leaned in, until his lips were against my ears. "What makes you think I won't peek."

A shiver ran up my spine and I bit my lip, before I could say anything his hands cupped my face and our foreheads rest against on another's. He sucked in a breath before moving one hand closer to my mouth, he brushed his thumb over my bottom lip, pulling it out of the vice grip my teeth had on it. His eyes narrowed and caught mine, demanding my attention.

"I shouldn't come in there." He said slowly, his voice low. "But I want to."

I ignored the shift in the bottom of my stomach. I had to or I was going to jump on him, here and now. His hands left my face and moved down over my shoulders, until they were around my waist. He pulled me in and pressed his lips to mine. I was barely holding it together and I wondered if he could tell.