A friend in need (3)

She watched as aliya picked two very baggy hijabs for them both of them. Komal frowned but accepted it anyway. The two girls locked the house and headed to the market square.

Aliya was a gentle soul. She had thick brows and a pointy nose. Aliya never liked causing trouble for anyone. She rather just stay at home with her flowers. Everyone in the village agreed that Aliya was a more plumper gentle version of her elder sister.

On the way they met a group of older boys sitting in a shade under a tree. Komal wrinkled her face "don't look now, but there's a storm approaching"

Aliya giggled "sister why do you not like boys?"

Komal shrugged "I don't not like boys, they are just annoying"

A boy in the group heard her and shouted "who are you calling annoying?!"

Komal rolled her eyes "who else? But sagir" which was his name.

Sagir plucked a branch from the tree they were sitting under. "I'll teach you a lesson brat!" Komal ran away and boys burst out laughing.

Aliya shook her head, She knew her sister was not the type to run away. Soon Komal came back holding a medium sized rock. "BRING IT ON DUNG FOR BRAINS"

The boys stared at Komal scared to move. The last thing they wanted to was trigger her. One hit on the head with that rock and a person is dead.

One of them swallowed and hit sagir's head "who asked you to trouble the shepherd's daughter!! Sagir smiled awkwardly "it's my mistake! It won't happen again"

Komal sneered and hurled the rock. It grazed his ear landing a few inches next to him. "Next time I won't miss" she yelled pulling aliya by the hand.

"What would you do if he didn't submit?" Aliya asked glances back at the boys. Komal chuckled "let's just say the craftsman will be busy carving a wooden ear"

                               3