Chapter 8

***Authors Note: HI if you're from Instagram. HI if you're from Wattpad!! HI if you're here just to be here!! I love you all!! A reminder that you can find live updates of my most recent stories on my Instagram: @wdweditor as I do not move those stories to Wattpad until they have been completed!! I love you all babes!! Thank you for your love you all add to my reasons to smile!***

Later that night

Whitney's POV

I got back to the dorm still in shock and entered my room.

"Hey! We gotta go to the....oh lord are you ok?" Tate asked walking up to me.

"What? No I'm fine." I said, wiping my face again.

"Your eyes are all red..." She said, concerned.

"Yeah um...Zach just...dumped me?"

"You guys were never together how could he dump you?"

"He dumped me as a friend..."

"What?! You guys have been friends for so long though."

"I know."

"Well I guess now's not a good time to tell you we have to head down to Gordy's to support the boys' performance..."

"Can I just stay here?" I asked, sitting on my bed.

"I told Jonah all of us would go..."

"I really don't want to see Zach though."

"You won't have to. I promise. C'mon let's get you lookin real good. And call Luke. He can come along."

Later that night at Gordy's

"See now they're not even friends!" I heard Jonah say to Tate.

"Well that's not my fault! That would've happened either way. You can't blame me for that."

I rolled my eyes they were really still on that.

Just as they finished arguing, Zach walked up to all of us. Great.

"Hey Jonah we gotta..." He stopped, seeing I was there, Luke's arm around me.

"Hey man. What's up?" Luke said, smiling and reaching out to shake Zach's hand. Zach just stood staring at him and didn't shake his hand back.

I looked at the ground.

"Jonah, we gotta get ready to go on stage...also we're making a song change." He pulled Jonah away from us and they were gone.

"What was that about? I thought he liked me?" Luke said, confused.

"He's just jealous babe. Don't worry about him." I said, rubbing his arm.

"I hate Luke so much." I heard Tate whisper to Gabbie.

I glared at her and she mouthed "sorry."

"OK! Tonight we have the band that calls themselves a five piece man band, it's Why Don't We!" We all clapped and they came out and sat down on five different stools.

"Uh. Well, we were gonna perform a different song tonight but after some consideration backstage and...multiple pleas from Zach...we have a change of plans." Daniel explained.

"Yeah, so uh here's our new song Hard."

The music started and Jonah started singing, "It's hard to act like I don't think about you sometimes. I should win an Oscar."

Jack sang next, "It was my birthday, right at the end of the night. It was the first time, he hurt you bad and you cried. Right in my arms, fell to a million pieces. Held you together, girl I know all your secrets."

Corbyn followed and then Daniel, "Do you know how hard it is to be the one to fix you and all you do is run back to the one who breaks your heart? You're making this too hard."

And then Zach led the chorus. The whole time he sang he made direct eye contact with me and I knew in that moment he was thinking about me when he sang. I gripped onto Luke's arm tighter. "I know I said I'd be your friend, but it's too hard. Hard, it's just too hard. I said I'd be there 'till the end but it's too hard. Hard, it's just too hard..."

"Babe I'm gonna run to the bathroom." Luke said.

"Oh ok." I said, he bent down and kissed me before leaving.