Chapter 6

***Authors Note: HI if you're from Instagram. HI if you're from Wattpad!! HI if you're here just to be here!! I love you all!! A reminder that you can find live updates of my most recent stories on my Instagram: @wdweditor as I do not move those stories to Wattpad until they have been completed!! I love you all babes!! Thank you for your love you all add to my reasons to smile!***

The next day

"You could've gone home." Whit told me as I helped her make her bed.

"Nah. I was fine here." I told her.

"Tate didn't mind?"

"She was cool with it."

"Well she has walked in on a lot worse so..." We both laughed.

"Listen, thanks again for last night. I know I said I didn't need anything but..."

"...but you didn't mind me coming over." I said, finishing her sentence and smiling at her.

"Nah I didn't. I guess I needed someone. And if you didn't come over, I probably would've called Luke."

My heart sank.

"So you guys are really trying things again?"

"Yeah...and...so far so good." She said, not making eye contact with me.

"Cool. I'm happy for you."

"Thanks...but...I think while I'm trying to make things work with Luke we gotta stop this."

"Stop what?"

"The friends with benefits thing. Ya know? Just go back to being um...best friends." She still wasn't looking at me.

"You do realize you can't even look me in the eye when you say that, right?" I told her, moving closer to her and pulling her close to me, my hands around her waist.

"I know..." She said, her hands on my chest.

She looked up at me, "but if I wanna make things work with Luke I gotta his and only his."

I let go of her and finished making the bed, "Yeah. I get it."

"Look I got some work to do but how bout we meet up for dinner ok?" She told me.

"Sure. Whatever. Text me." I grabbed my things and left her room.

Whitney's POV

As soon as Zach left, Tate, Jonah, Gabbie, and Jack entered.

"Woah someone seems upset." Jack said in shock.

"I'm not upset." I said, sucking in a tear I could feel forming.

"I meant...Zach..." he said, pointing behind him.

"Everything ok with you guys?" Jonah asked me.

"We're...yeah we're fine we uh...I uh...just ended our little thing we had going on."

"This is good for you though girl, now you can focus on your relationship with Luke." Tate said, sitting next to me and rubbing my back.

"I thought you didn't like Luke." I said, looking at her confused.

"Well, I don't. But you do so I'm trying to, ya know, 'be supportive'."

I rolled my eyes.

"Wait you ended your whole...um...situation?" Jonah asked me. Yeah

I nodded. "But we're still friends."

"If you're still friends then why do you look so upset?" Gabbie asked.

"I just know that he's crushed because he loves me more than I can give in return." I said, quietly.

"Wait how do you....TATE." Jonah said, getting angry.

"Oh shit! Tate I'm so sorry."

"Jonah she needed to know!"

"YEAH! From ZACH not YOU!"

"This seems like a conversation for you three...uh...we gotta go." Jack said, hurriedly pulling Gabbie out of the dorm room. She waved at us and they were gone.

"Oh god please don't be mad." Tate said, wincing.

Jonah leaned back on the desk. "Nah. It's cool. I'm cool. We're all cool."

"Really?" she said hopefully.

"No! Not really! Does Zach know you know? Does Zach know she knows?!" He pointed to me.

"Uh hi. I'm right here. And uh as far as I know, he does not." I said, interrupting their argument.

"Well he knows I know...as of last night. And he seemed fine with it."

"NO ONE else finds out ok?" Jonah told both of us.

"Well then you might wanna go talk to Christina and Corbyn then..." Tate said cautiously.

"Oh and uh...Daniel cause I told him." I added.

Jonah groaned, "oh I'm gonna be on the news as 'Best Friend Gets Slain After Leaking Secret.''

With that, he left the room.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Tate yelled down the hall.

"TO COVER UP THE TRAIL!" He yelled back.

"What 'Trail'?" I asked her.

"It's Jonah. I have absolutely NO idea."