Chapter 1

"What's wrong?" Jake asked concerned.

"It's nothing, i'm just thinking," James says staring off.

"You look pretty deep into thought man," Jake laughed.

James looks outside the bus window with a dead stare.

"I'm just paranoid about this whole serial killer stuff going on," James says with a worried tone.

Jake looks up from his phone "James we'll be fine why would this serial killer want to kill us anyway?"

"I don't know"

For the rest of the bus ride James and Jake sat in silence. The bus eventually came to a halting stop and Jake and James get up and get off the bus.

James and Jake walk in different directions towards their houses when Jake yells at James.

"You still coming to my house later tonight?" Jake questions.

"Yeah I'm still coming," James says finally cracking a smile.

James starts walking home thinking to himself "Sometimes Jake is way to positive or maybe i'm just too paranoid for my own good."

He sees his house coming closer and closer. A sense of relief washes over him as he finally gets to his front door.

When he opens the door and walks in  he sees that his Mom and Dad haven't gotten home yet. He decides to pack a backpack with a water bottle and some video games. James realizes suddenly that he has homework but decides to do it later.

3 hours pass

James races down the stairs to go to Jake's house. Before he could get out of the house his mom calls for him.

"Yeah what do you need?" James asks.

"Did you do your homework James?" asked James Mom.

"Yes I did my homework" James says knowing he didn't even look at it.

"All of it?" James Mom questions.

"Yes" James says annoyed.

"Ok go have fun, and stay safe!" James Mom yells as he runs out of the house.

James starts walking towards Jake's house. He notices how dark it is outside already. He looks down at his watch which says "6:03."

Jake and James live in the same neighborhood so it shouldn't be a long walk

James hears a noise coming from the forest that sits next to his neighborhood. It sounded like an animal was crawling through the trees which made all the birds fly away. James assumed it was a squirrel and didn't pay attention to it.

A bad feeling washed over James, the feeling of being watched, so he picked up his pace to get to Jake's faster.

He finally gets to Jake's front door and knocks on it.

James hears some talking behind the door and eventually the door opens and Jake appears.

"Hey what's going on James!" Jake says enthusiastically.

"Sup man," He says with a bright smile on his face.

"Jake is a small and skinny kid, but has a big heart. It honestly suprises me that he doesn't have many friends since he's so nice to everyone. It's probably because he's a little awkward around people, but so am I." James thinks in his head.

He leads James down to the Basement where Troy and Alex are sitting on the couch playing something on the TV.

Troy gets up with a giant smile on his face and starts walking towards James.